Monday, May 19, 2008

Emily - Santander Week 9

5.19.08
Oh my goodness I love you all so much. Dad I feel the same way every Sunday now Im going to feel like I should be able to talk to you guys. I really wish I had the same program as you dad. It would making writing you a whole lot better. But I don´t know I might actually get out of hand with it. I can see the machine breaking down from being over used. I always have a lot to say every Monday. Sister Jess I got your letter. You are so FAT but beautiful. Don´t worry I know its not actually FAT, there is a baby in there Nick. Sister you look so happy and gorgeous. Thank you for your letter. I also got a letter from mi madre.

I loved seeing the pictures of everybody on Mother´s Day. It was fun to see what you looked like and where you were when you were talking to me. You know what is funny that is EXACTLY how I pictured DAD. The plaid pants, hoodie and ear piece in place and of course he was outside because he didn´t want anyone to hear him CRYING like a GIRL! I know its hard to have me gone DAD but seriously pull yourself together. I started crying because I felt bad for you. Oh I can´t get over how nice it was to hear your voices.

Mom that ward is so lucky to have you in it. I´m grateful that you were able to help that lady. You are so good to people. I know Im suppose to be here but man I just love you guys so much.

This week I have really tried to find ways to serve people and I have been praying that Heavenly Father will help me to find people that need my help. This week we went to a sisters house whose name is Lupe. She was baptized about a year ago and she has cancer. WE go to her house every week and read with her in the BofM because her eyes aren´t very good. She is in so much pain and she just lays in bad all day.

While we were visiting with her I was thinking about my pedicure tub and how I need to carry it with me with some lotion or something. Anyways it sounds crazy but we meet with a lot of women that are here to work and they just work themselves to death. I was thinking that while we are reading to them or visiting them I can give them a hand massage or give them a pedicure. I didn´t have my pedicure bath with me at Lupe´s so we rubbed her arms with some lotion. She has bruises all over from the treatments and she said her skin is very dry from the treatments. Anyways it made me feel so much better to be able to do something for her.

My comp. had her 18 month mark and a lot of days I realize that I just need to help her. I made crepes with banans, strawberries and chocolate. I bought a new table cloth and goblets and set up a nice lil breakfast. Then I made 18 hearts and a sign for here. On every heart I told her a reason that I love her. It was fun! I know if I really start looking and asking Heavenly Father to help me, I will really be able to find ways to help people. People are going to recognize me a lot better as a servant of the Lord as I am serving. Plus, doing things for other people just makes you feel so much better.

Last night we got in with a girl named Stefani from Nigeria. I contacted her a couple weeks ago and we finally got in with her last night. She has a little girl that is one. Oh my goodness she is so cute. Ive never seen such tight curly hair and big eyelashes. She held on to my skirt and just looked up at me through the whole lesson. It was fun because we were able to teach in english but I kind of felt like an idiot. I didn´t know what to say. She was very kind and we taught her a quick first lesson. Its interesting how different everyones doubts are. She was like oh he was a prophet and he had a vision okay. Not that she believed that he was a prophet but that it was possible wasn´t hard for her. Then some people are like um a 14 year old boy saw Heavenly Father and Jesus.

I think I write about this every week but I really just can´t believe how much my testimony is confirmed everyday that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. We have a prophet of God that receives direct revelation for us and for our day. The gospel was restored to the earth adn because of that we have the priesthood. I am sealed to you for eternity under the power and authority of the priesthood. We have the Book of Mormon as a testament of Jesus Christ and his ministry in the Americas. We are so blessed to know what we know. I love you all so much. I´m thankful to be a part of our family and Im thankful to have the gospel in my life.

Love, EM

No comments: