Thursday, May 1, 2008

Logan - Madrid MTC Week 4

5.1.08

Hey I recieved mail from Jess, Grandpa, Shaylee, Reese, and Mom this week thanks for writing everyone! I enjoy the mail as I get it because I imagine it will slowly just stop which is fine. dad your talk was incredible I printed it off and a lot of elders read it here, I am suprised the Church is not using you more. I think you need to be a General Authority or somthing. Pretty intresting comments about that talk too I was laughing hard when I read that. I dont remember Freddie but that sounds like and awesome experiance i am excited for you there, is no better feeling then bringing people to Christ that is for sure.

So everyday here we have a physical activity we usually play soccer with some locals that destroy us every time but we are getting better. The court is a few blocks away from the Temple and I run as hard and fast as I can everyday to get there. It feels good to push yourself to the point of not being able to go any further and then going much further. It has a big role in keeping me sane while on the mission. The other game I like to play is 20 some elders hate taking the stairs so they use the elevator. I wait for them to all get in the elevator on the top and then I sprint down all the stairs and press the button on each floor so it takes 10 mins to get all the way to the bottom because of stopping at each floor. It drives everyone crazy its great.

Last thursday some elders and me went to the Prado for P day and it was pretty amazing looking at paintings you see in history books growing up. We saw originals by Rafael, and other huge artist. This week at the Park I had awesome experiances. I walked to a central part of the park and there were a bunch of people sititng on benches and I saw a black man by himself and I knew right away to go talk to him so me and Elder Corbridge walked up to him and He was from kenya. He was runing a race in Madrid the next day and spoke English. We were able to teach him for a while and Fill out a refrence card so other missionaries can meet up with him later. Its amazing how God guides his children. I also Talked to A mom with a family in the park 3 beautiful little kids and She didnt believe in God it was really sad I just cant see those kids having a chance in todays word when there is nothing to live for, when we dont have the gospel. Hope if all is what they needed Hope for somthing more so they can try to make it through this time on earth.

I have really enjoyed studying this week I feel like i am constantly learning and growing so much. Everytime I start studying I feel I dont have enough time before I die to learn all the things that I want too. I also love studying witht he Holy Ghost my chest always feels warm when I am studying witht The Holy Ghost it makes memorizing easier and helps me understand and see new insights on topics. As I read Jesus the Christ I can see myself walking with Jesus Christ and just understanding fully what he did for us more and more each day.

Funny Stories-We were singing all togther and one of the Elders is leading us and he is having a ver hard time staying on time. The whole group is off and After is was over sister hill tried to teach him. The problem was that he was on the wrong page and didnt know it lol I got a kick out of that.

One of my teachers in Provo wants to read my letters so if you could send the blog link to avacrump"yahoo.com that would be great. I signed up to call at 5 pm our time so for you 9 I think and I can change it if Emily needs a different time I would love to three way with all of us. So let me know what time she is calling and I ll see if I can work that out.

After studying Spanish this week I realized I dont know English! or at least the rules of English. I should have gone to school more often! lol anyways I am excited to continue in conquering Spanish I willl know it better then the natives in a few months. More stories this week I accidently said Me Gusta pecado instead of Me gusta Pescado which transtlates to Sin pleases me instead of fish so that was pretty funny I am sending this letter and then writing another one

Someone please update my adress and photos on My web pages I think you guys just ingore me everytime I ask lol.¨Myspace and Facebook Pages¨ It will take 5 mins! G

Grandpa thank you for your letter and story, The Atonement of Jesus Christ is what its all about. Once we have some understanding of what Jesus went through for us we should be urgent and excited to tell everyone we know what He has done and can do for them. When I first got here I felt insignificent, not knowing the language or the Gospel as well as Id like to, but as I continue to grow with Jesus Christ helping me a long the way it gives me so much hope and encouragment for the future. We can become whoevere we want to be through Jesus Christ. He is at my side and is constantly helping me become who I want to be. While reading jesus the Christ this week I particullarly looked for the teaching skills of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is my hero and was a great teacher. I am analyzing how he taught and trying to apply his teaching skills in my lessons.

In the Park I offered a man a Book Of Mormon and he didnt want it he didnt believe in god and religion but as I tesiteifed his countance changed, the Holy Ghost touched his heart and he said that he would be willing to read even though the first 4 times I asked he wanted nothing to do with it. I dont care that other missionaries say that europe is a Hard mission and that people dont want to hear what we have to say, I dont believe that for a minute. God is Preparing people everyday for me to teach and baptize. Nothing is impossible with christ at our sides. I love everyone! please keep up the great letters.

1 comment:

Ava Crump said...

Elder Gogarty! Gracias por enviarme su blog. No puedo creer que tan lejos alla estaba pensando en algien tan pequena aqui. Pues, gusto oir de ti y suena como estas aprendiendo muchisimo. Me gusto tanto el cuento de ti y el hombre en el parque porque tu testimonio es poderosisimo. Asi es en verdad. No se olvida lo que te dije sobre tu testimonio y compartirlo todos los dias. Cuidete mucho,
-Hermana Crump