Monday, May 19, 2008

Logan - Madrid MTC Week 6

5.15.08
This week has been great! I am very excited to leave to Barcelona in just a few short days. Today we are going to downtown Madrid and taking a tour of Madrid on a double decker bus, the ones that have no roof on the second floor. I am pretty excited. The 6 weeks weeks in Madrid have gone by very quickly I am excited to leave but also sad to leave some very good friends I have made here. I cant wait to meet up with them after the Mish.

This week we decided to conquer a small mountain for physical activity. We can see it from our room and Elder Webb, Elder Vause and I said we can make it to the top of that and back in an hour and a half. All of the other elders doubted when they looked and saw the mountain across the city in the distance. So right after class we went for it and 45 mins later we were standing on top looking over all of Madrid. It was a pretty amazing experiance I think the run was at least 6 miles. On the way back we ran through a pine tree farm and it was amazing. The light was shining through the tops of the trees and hitting the ground all over, the smell was amzing the smell of freash pines and it felt good to have just conquered a mountian. It reminded me of running with the cross country team in high school just going on an adventure run.

This week when we sang in front of the temple some girls brought me cheesecake. I talked with them last week after we sang and I asked them what they liked to do and one of them said I like to cook, I said cook what and she named cheesecake so I made her bring me some this week. My spanish is at least good enough for me to get me some sweets.

This week Elder Sansing left his passport in the middle of the floor so his comp thought he would teach him a lesson by taking it and hiding it. He didnt notcie till a few days later when someone started asking him about it. He then went into freak out mode searching for it and told us he left it right in his Book of Mormon. All of us laughing knowing that he had left it on the floor. Then his comp explained how badly he needed it and explained that it had his visa in it. We told him that he was going to have to be like the Sons of Mosiah and serve a 14 yr mission. It was pretty funny, his comp finally gave it to him and then watched him toss it under his desk. I am afraid he will really loose it before he leaves here.

Thank you for updating my pages, if someone could just update my mailing adress everytime it changes that would be great. I should be sending you my new adress from Barcelona on Tuesday I cant believe it. I will have been out for two months on tuesday. Time flys. That is a bummer about the surfing Dad, looks like you are going to have to man up and master wave 4 like your son. It dosent bother me too bad to hear you talking about the surfing so go ahead and keep me updated. Jay is so funny I knew when I told him I was going to Spain on a mission he didnt quite get it, he asked me if I wanted to take a kayak with me and I said I wont be doing that over there thanks though. I hope all is well for everyone. I imagine that I am twice as busy when I get to Barcelona but I will keep in touch as best as possible. I love you all
Love, Elder G

5.18.08

Hey I am leaving for Barcelona tommorrow morning and I cant wait. I will be on email throughout the day so I would love to hear from any of you. Last saturday in the Park we had some amazing experiances. My comp was elder Webb which is going to Emilys mission the one I really like. We walked through the park and asked people if we could share a song with them. Everyone said yes! it was such and awesome way to start conversation and bring the spirit so quickly. We sang and shared our message to a lot of people and handed out quite a few Book of Mormons. We had a lot of success and it went very well. One man said you can sing but I am not intrested in the church. After we were done singing Creo en Cristo or I believe in Chirst he was crying and very receptive to our message.

I am glad to be called to this work i realize more and more everyday that God dosent call the equipped but he equips the called. I feel like God is molding and Shaping me everyday to become what he needs me to be. Have a great day shoot me quick letters if you get the chance.

Love, Elder G

My adress for the time being is:

Elder Logan Shaun Gogarty
Spain Barcelona Mission
Calle Calatrava NÂș 10-12, Bajos
Barcelona 08017
Spain

I ll let you know my new one as soon as possible
love, Elder G

No comments: