Monday, September 29, 2008

Emily - A Coruna Week 9

9.29.08

Hello my Family...
Dad: Sorry I made you feel bad. I’m really not miserable. I just feel useless sometimes and I hate that feeling. Please don’t worry so much. I think I was just really tired last week. Maybe as time goes by on the mission I’m
not as good to recognize the Spirit guiding me. Or I take for granted how much the Spirit is a part of the work but don’t recognize it as much now because I’m use to it. It just seems like I read things from other missionaries and I don’t seem to be having the same experiences as they do. I just feel kind of blah and really tired. Something that I’m doing needs to change; I just have to figure out what. I sent a package the other day with a CD of pictures; you should get it in the next couple of days. Please don’t worry about me. Last week I was just discussing thoughts that only come to my mind on p-day when I actually have time to think. During the week I’m usually pretty happy and although no one here seems to care, I am
thankful for my testimony of the restored gospel. Thank you for loving me and worrying about me. I will try to be more positive. Oh as for the package President came on Saturday for interviews and I guess it didn’t come
before they left. It takes a lot longer for me to get stuff from the mission home because I’m on the other side of the mission. I will probably get it at conference in a couple weeks.
Well brother thinks he is in a letter drought, what does that mean he got less than ten letters this week. Just wait brother everyone starts forgetting. I must say I faithfully get a letter from my dear mother every week
and an e-mail from pops every Monday but as for the rest of you, learn to be more consistent. I did get an email from Aunt Kelli, thank you. Oh and good job on finding the letter. Tell everyone hello and that I love and miss them.20
This week we had a neat experience with a boy named Jefferson. We found him knocking one day. We talked to him over the timbre and he asked us to wait at the door and he would come down to talk to us. When we met him he told us that he had met missionaries before, his brother and mom are testigos but he was interested in learning more. He looked really young and honestly I thought he told us we could come back so that his brother could
have a good fight with us. But when we went back a couple days later he came down and we taught him in a park. He told us that some Elders about eight years ago taught him how to pray and ever since that day he has prayed how they taught him. He understood that it is a conversation with God.
We also asked him if he knew there was a prophet on the earth today what
would you ask him. He said well I guess like what the purpose of life is
and what happens after this life. Oh wow those are really interesting questions. When we finished the lesson we asked him what called his attention the most or how do you say that. Anyways, he said well the boy that prayed and had a vision. He was obviously touched by the Spirit that is so
easy to be felt as we recite the first vision. We asked him to pray and w
e left him with the first folleto. We made a visit for the following day
because he is in the military and will be leaving for two months. We gave
him the Book of Mormon and the 2nd folleto so that he can read while he
is gone. When we came back he had read the whole folleto and prayed. I re
ally wanted to teach him the Plan of Salvation but he will have to read and we can talk when he gets back. It was a neat experience and I wish I could tell the Elders who taught him how to pray that we are teaching him
now. I know how nice it is to hear that planted seeds really do matter.
20
Cris decided to not get baptized this Saturday. We had a really intense les
son with him on Friday. I knew exactly what to say the whole time but that doensC2B4t mean he accepted the challenge to put God first. He is in his mid twenties and works like mad to take care of his mother and a brother that can’t work because he is injured. He knows the church is true and
wants to be baptized but wants to do it when things settle down. Right now he is afraid that he will be baptized and won’t be able to come every Sunday or have the visits with us during the week. I told him that it won’t
be easier in four months. Satan is going to do everything to keep him from being baptized. We promised him that if he puts God first by obeying the commandments like the Sabbath Day and tithing that the windows of Heaven would be opened. He is so afraid and can’t seem to find the faith to let go of the worldly things and trust in God. I know God will take care of
him if he will just put Him first.20
we had a fun dinner yesterday with thee most amazing people. Santiago a man
from the Dominican Republic made a huge dinner for all the missionaries
and our investigators. We ate outside on his deck and the food was amazing. We had pica pollo, arroz, fried platanos, and yuca. I want to start having a potluck with everyone every week like you are doing. Our investigators loved it and it really helps them feel more comfortable. It’s amazing
how many people don’t even recognize that we brought someone to church with us. If they only knew what it took to get them there? I think that missionary work is really going to change when wards become full of returned
preach my gospel missionaries. I can think of so many things I wish I would have helped with before my mission. Also now that it’s not memorized members can help teach and share their personal experiences. It really helps
s investigators to hear from members because they think that missionaries
are like perfect and we don’t have trials. Oh if they only knew....
Anyways I’m excited to someday apply everything that I’m learning right now into my normal life when I get home. It really is the simple things that keep us on track. Pray, read and go to church. If you do those three thing
s everything else will fall into place. 20
President said that H. Garcia is leaving this transfer. I’m a little nervous
because that means I’m supposed to speak Spanish. I really love her and I
feel like she is my sister. She plans on staying with us for a while after the mission. Anyways it’s possible that I will be with H. Truscott again, the greeny that came to Santander from WA.
Okay that enough for now. I sure love you all and think of you often. The
church is true-Sister! Don’t forget about me!
Love,
the Sister

No comments: