Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Logan - Elche Week One

Hey mom thanks for your letter and Grandpa for your email.
Dad dont worry about the shoes they are fine.

THis Morning I am in ELche! My companion is from COlorado SPrings Elder Ramsey and He looks like a fun kid. WE have been called to white wash this area. Which means we are re opening an area where there hasnt been elders for a while we both arrived this morning and will be living witht the Zone leaders. The train ride was beautiful as I came down the coast this morning with the sun coming up. The piso is nice and big so I am excited about that as well. My new adress is

Elder Gogarty
C/ Martin de Torres
14,1 der
03202

I am very excited to be here the city is beautiful with a ton of palm trees. WE ended our last week in Valencia very strong and I am going to miss those guys there. I learned a lot from them even though it was a little rough at first. I had a funny experiance this week lol I was praying for a family that we had just finished having a cita with and I thought the wife said her name was destiny but it turns out that was the name of her baby that is still in her stomach. So as I am parying I give thanks to destiny for her hospitality and love for us. Everyone was laughing when I finsihed praying it was great. WE had a great week though and got to work with demion who is a 16 yr old in the ward a lot. I am going to miss him a lot. THere are a lot of people I am going to miss its hard always saying bye. You leave friends and family at home then make new ones and then have to do it all over. It is fun to get to know so many people though. WE had a great eating cita with a man that has one leg. He woke up at 5 to prepare us all the food. IT was incredible, We brought an investigator and he had printed out litle tabs for each of us to sit and for the investigator he had a tab that said investigator lol I thought that was funny we use a lot of lingo in the church that seems normal to us but to the rest of the world it is not. The love and charity that man has though was just amazing. He was so willing and happy to get up at 5 and roll around all morning with one leg cooking us lunch. I will really miss some people form Valencia. Well I dont have much to say I am excited and nervous to work this area, we have to start from scracth and really work hard. I am expecting on seeing amazing things happen here. The church is true, if you want to know then live by some of the principles and see the difference it makes in your life John 7:17 I think it is. Well Love you all I hope to get lots of mail here shortly. The spanish is going well I feel comfortable with it. I want to learn another language after the mission that is latin based. Love you all take care

Love
Elder G

No comments: