Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Emily - A Coruna Week 13

11.4.08

Hello my Family...
Dad-Could you please send those pics to everyone. Thanks!
This week I have letters from Tiff and Mom. Also emails from Pops, Grandpa, and a forward from my long lost sister whats her name. Her daughter is really cute and she is getting really big.
It is raining raining and raining. I dont know how I survived the beginning of my mission with out these boots. They keep my feet really warm and DRY.
Mom did you like the secret phone call? I couldnt stop them and I didnt really want to. They wanted to thank you for the medicine and help me by getting the recipe. I could hear you crying and it made me cry a little. Katherin was almost in tears just listening to your voice. Jakelin told me that I have to do the same for her when Katherin is a missionary in the US.
We met a girl this week as a reference from a member. I think its the first reference I have received in my whole mission. We came the next day to visit her. She is a 19 year old girl from Spain. When we arrived she was hiding under a blanket. The member pulled the blanket off her head, handed her a BOM and told her to listen to us. Then he said I got to go, dont leave before I get back. We have some of the most random experiences as missionaries. Anyways you could tell that she was super scared of us. I just started talking to her like we were best friends. Then I pulled a pic of our family out and was like, hey do you want to see my family. Then I plopped myself down on the couch next to her. We talked for a while to help her feel more comfortable and then we began teaching. I love telling people that they are children of a loving Heavenly Father. I almost cry every time I tell someone that. I can just feel His love for them. She hasnt talked to her mom in two years and I could tell she has had a hard life. I loved telling her how special she is and how much God loves her. Her eyes were just set on mine as I talked and I realized at that moment that she hadnt heard anything good about herself in a long time. When we left she gave me a hug and I could tell that she felt very comfortable. We invited her to come to church and she said she was really scared to come. She also said she doesnt have a skirt. I gave her one of my skirts but told her its okay if she comes in jeans. I was so excited to see her walk in on Sunday. I sat right next to her like I told her I would. We go back tonight to teach her some more.
Im really starting to enjoy myself a lot more as I learn more Spanish. I finally have friends that I can talk to and joke around with. Im thankful for the chance Ive had to learn so mush Spanish with my companions. The two new hermanas will arrive on Wednesday.
We had a ward activity on Saturdays with a huge barbecue. I played basketball with like ten guys and got a bunch of them out. It was so much fun. I was trying to hide how much fun I was having as I slammed the poor things. H. Rafa the ward mission leader tried to give me a brownie but I was having too much fun whipping the boys. He mad a comment about it on Sunday in class. He said he has never seen an hermana play like me. It was really fun and I was laughing so hard my cheeks hurt. I think the Elders saw another side of me. WOOPS!
I sure love you all and I have to go. The hour always goes so fast. I miss you a lot!
POPs-sorry but I need more money. The boots were 150 euros and the exchange rate sucks. I gave her 100 and didnt want to take anymore out just in case it would overdraw. Thank you and sorry they were so expensive.
I know that this is Christs church. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and that we can be freed from Sin.
Thank you for your love and support.
Love,
The Sister

No comments: