Monday, November 10, 2008

Logan - Elche Week 2

11.10.08

Uncle Mike thanks for the email! Today we took the train down the coast to Alicante to play some soccer with the other Elders. It was nice to relieve some stress playing. Opening up a closed area has been hard. Normally there is someone to show you arond and introduce you to everyone and people that were already being taught, but we are starting from sctrach. Luckily the city is not too big and is pretty easy to get around. THis morning we had to clean our piso, it was filthy but now un monton mejor. My comp and I get along great his Mom actually works in the lds book store in springs so maybe you could pass by and say HI because I want a certain highlighter thing they sell there. Its like an mechanical pencil that has different color lead for marking scriptures. WE are pretty excited for la navidad over here we already have our christmas tree up and ready. We live with the Zone leaders and it has been a great change. The maturity level went up 100 points compared to my last piso. We live the law of concencration practically and it is so much better. Everyone helps clean and we all share food and do shopping as a piso. When there is dishes whoever sees them does them. It is quite the change from my last piso where I was having to hide my dishes becasue no one would wash theres and steal mine. We also just speak in spanish now so my ability to speak has increased immensely and of course my english has gotten a lot worse sometimes when I speaking in english spanish words slip in its so weird. Elche is very pretty and I enjoy the city a lot. THe ward is great and warmed up to us very quickly. The Bishop is very missionary orienanted which I think has made his ward very strong and helped others become members. From the ward missionarys they had 5 people baptized last transfer. Its incredible was we can do when we all work togther. Not too much has happened right now we are just trying not to get lost and getting to know all the members. We were able to find 5 new people to start teaching this week miracoulsly so we will see how that goes. I hope everything is going well and I love you all. For christmas I cant think of anything really. I will try to think this week. Its not worth sending things because of how much it costs so maybe just letters from the whole family and some candy. Oh and of course some money on the old card lol I just need a new tie, sueter, y pantalones. Creo que ya esta muchas gracias. Os quiero Elder G

No comments: