Monday, November 17, 2008

Emily - A Coruna Week 15

11.17.08

Hello Everyone...Yesterday I completed 10 months in the mission. I just cant even believe it. Its so weird to me and I know brother said that I talk about the time in every letter but its just so weird. Its fall and this year is almost over. I have emails from both sisters, Grandpa Gogarty, Pops, and a letter from sister Jess with the memory card. I have watched the videos about a hundred times. There is a little bit of space left so Im going to put a couple videos on there and send it back. Or what exactly am I suppose to do with this memory card? Anyways thanks for the letter sister. The lack of letters was made up with the videos. It was weird to hear someone say Aunt Emily. I know Im an aunt but Ive never met the reason why I am an aunt. We had some really great experiences this week. We met up with an old investigator from a couple years ago. We have really been focusing on having the inv. pray in the first visit. She couldnt do it, she believed that God had more important things to do than listen to her, a sinner. I tried so hard to explain to her how much he loved her and wanted to listen to her but she wouldnt do it. We went back a couple days later and read about prayer in the BOM. I tried with everything in me to explain to her how much God loves her and wants to hear from her. She finally said she would do and I could tell she was really nervous. She bowed her head and the her 35 year old son that still lives at home rang the timbre. I wanted to take him out when he came in, especially when he told her that he had prisa. He was waiting for his dinner. She closed the door and said okay you do it. I just looked at her and said please do it Carmen. She grabbed my hands and PRAYED a beautiful prayer. It was wonderful. It felt so good to listen to her talk to her Heavenly Father. Cristina is still doing really well. I love her so much. She came to church on Sunday in my skirt after working all night long. She had like three piercings in her face and there all gone. She just really changed over night. Its been amazing to watch her and be a part of her conversion. She just looks different and I know that she will find even more happiness through living the gospel. She told us while we were teaching the Plan of Salvation that its like a map. We were like yep exactly, a map that you can follow to return to your Heavenly Father. When we taught the kingdoms of glory I told her that God wants her to return to His presence and I want her to return to His presence. She is reading, praying and you can really see that her faith in Christ is changing her. I pray for her a million times a day. I hope that I can do everything to help her feel prepared for her baptism on the 6th of December. Its been amazing teaching her and loving her so much. We went to a pueblo the other day to check up on a family that we havent had time to get back to for a while. We had an amazing lesson with them and I felt very guided in what to say. I love what we have been taught recently about having the inv. pray. We talked about that and she prayed at the end. It really makes the whole experience so much better. Sometimes we feel the Spirit and they do too but dont recognize it. It is a wonderful way for them to act, feel and it gives us the opportunity to explain what they felt. The mom told me that they have been waiting for us to come back because they want to hear more about this book. I feel bad that it has taken us so long to get back there. We have a visit with them tomorrow and I cant wait to tell them about the BOM and how it can change their lives. I love the gospel! I love you all soooo much!Love,

No comments: