Monday, November 17, 2008

Logan - Elche Week 3

11.17.08

Buisness: Thank you everyone for all the letters! I recieved letters from P=atriarch Chambers, Aunt Laura, Jenny, Emily, Mom, Jessica, and The Hepwor=th Family. Thank you it was a great boost durning the week. Oh and mom I=got a package form you today it looked like. =20 Emily, the 1st counselor in my ward is Alfanso Sanchez, His daughter is liv=ing with you in your piso right now I think. How crazy is that! Well this week has been a lot of fun. Elder Ramsay and I get along great a=nd I feel like the ward likes us a lot, or at least the people we ve met =thus far. We have been working a lot and have seen some progress in a fe=w of the people we are visiting. We havent had a cell phone because our =sim card is in Barcelona still so that has made thinks very difficuilt bu=t we are getting by without it for now. Saturday night I read Jessesicas=letter and I really enjoyed it. I started laughing when I read about Br=enna and you Laughing at eachother. The whole concept of babies is just =so strange...small people. I dont know, but when I read about you too si=tting togther and her laughing at you while you were singing it made me s=mile. Then Yesterday we had a class on how families can be togther forev=er. As I sat there I thought why are families so important and so many d=ifferent ideas came to my head. Just looking back at Adam and how God cr=eated Eve to be with him because it was not good for man to be alone. Th=e social unit of the family is so important and to think that we wont hav=e families after this life I think is kind of crazy. A lot of peole say =in heaven we ll have anything we enjoy here on earth w=C3=A9 ll defiently=have in heaven but even better. While I was thinking of my family and h=ow some of the greatest times I have ever had and the happiest times in m=y life have been with my family I thought there is no doubt in my mind th=at we will be with our families after this life throught the sealing powe=r of the priesthood that Christ gave to Peter in Chapter 16 of Matt. And=said what ever you seal on earth will be sealed in heaevn. I am so grea=tfull to be sealed to my family and have the opurtunity to live with them=after this life. Every week is just seems like I have a big realization=of one thing or another and I always end up sharing in my letters becaus=e its on my mind.=20WE ate at a Mexican food restraunt this week and I started talking to the=owner and he had a funny spanish accent so I asked where he was from and=he said France. Then I asked how he knew how to cook mexican food and h=e told me we worked with one in Italy. I thought it was pretty funny to =be eating mexican food from a french man in spain. Lets just say I will =be greatful to get some real mexican food back in P town after the mish. =I love you all very much. I love seeing the blessings that come from li=ving the gospel in the lifes of others. This work is very rewarding in s=o many ways. I use to think I was giving two years of my life but know I=realize I am reciving much more in so many ways. The church is true. W=hat a simple but yet powerful statement. Anyone can know if they seek an=d knock. Love you all Elder G =20

No comments: