Monday, November 24, 2008

Logan - Elche Week 2

11.24.08


This week we had interviews with the President which I always enjoy and we also did service for a Doctor that lives in the campo. I am really enjoying the other Elders I am living with. It makes everything so much easier. We cook great meals togther and are having a good time. We are making our christmas card this week so I will try to send those out as soon as possible. The only thing I am not enjoying is our small shower. The water pressure is so low that when you turn the shower head toward the ceiling it stops. WE changed the hose and the head but the pressure is just really bad. You have to decide between a cold powerful shower or a hot trickle. Other then that everything is amazing. I feel like I have family in the ward and they are excited to help us with missionary work. We pass by the members, teach them short powerful lessons from the Book of Mormon, and then we tell them we are not supposed to be wasting time looking in the street for people to teach. We tell them we are here to teach and then we ask for names of friends and family to teach. Very blunt but it has been getting the job done. We are teaching members friends right now and it helps to have the members helping us so much and just being their friends.
We had a great time doing service on saturday. We built a dog cage thing for a doctor that hasnt had a lot of time to finish it. He has a little raft that he goes out in the ocean to fish with and also does scuba dives from it. He hunts fish with harpoon which is pretty common here. So for lunch we had Sardines that he just threw in the fire and they tasted great. He just cooked the fish whole and you pick everything off you want. My Companion was disecting it and I dont think he enjoyed them too much but I really liked them.
We are now teaching a skin head who is less active and his Girl Firend who is a non member. The first lesson went well and I am excited to get back and meet with them again. I feel more comfortable with my spanish everyday and I feel like my accent is pretty good. Its amazing how much help we recieve from the Holy Ghost in all things we do. We are having a big thanksgiving dinner at the church this week so we are excited for that. Everything is well here. Love you all

Elder G

No comments: