Monday, November 10, 2008

Emily - A Coruna Week 14

11.10.08

Hello My Beautiful Family...November is here and before I know it and you all know it, December will be over. The leaves are beautiful here right now but man we are getting rained on. It rained for like 3 days straight and then it finally let up for a little while. I cant remember if I liked rain before the mission but I might hate if after the mission. Being in the streets all day is already tiring but then when there is loads of rain its just the cherry on top. Sarah needs to serve a mission in northern Spain and then tell me that she loves rain. No it hasnt been that horrible but I must say I dont know how I lived with out these boots. They keep my feet so warm and dry.I have letters this week from Tiff, mom, my trainer, and Aunt Laura. E-mails from POPs and pics. from my sister. Im still waiting to hear from my sisters. They think if they send one letter a transfer they are doing well. Everyone is going to see some major beatings when I get home, especially Dad. He writes me every week but for some reason its just more fun to beat him up. I dont know what I want in my Christmas package. What do you do for Jess? I cant think of ideas right now. I really enjoy the shopping here though. If you want to just send a lil package for Christmas and then put money in that would be great for me. I have something very wonderful to tell you. Remember that girl that I wrote to you about last week, she is going to get baptized. She changed completely after the first visit. She is like my best friend now and asks us when we are going to come back. She has done everything we have asked her to do and I am so thankful for the opportunity to teach her. In about the 3rd visit we left her with the promise from the BOM and asked her to read 3 Nefi 11. When we came back I asked her if she had read and she said yes. We read over it a little together because she had some questions. Then we went to the promise and I asked her to tell me about her experience of praying to know if it is true. She pointed to her chest, close to her heart and she said, I felt something right her that I dont know how to explain. We read in the BOM and explained to her that she felt the Spirit. Then we read another verse from 3 Nefi 11 and I asked her to be baptized in to the true church of her Savior Jesus Christ. I tried what Grandpa wrote to me about in his last letter. The Spirit was so strong. She was waiting for me to ask her. She said yes and gave me the biggest hug ever. I was crying and I just promised her that she just made the best decision of her life. Her face has changed and she just looks better in every visit. We visit with her three times a week and I love her more every time I see her. The gospel of Jesus Christ is really going to change her life. She told us she feels so good that its weird to her. I cant wait to teach her all the commandments and watch her enjoy the blessings that come from living a pure, clean righteous life. Im so thankful for the opportunity to teach her who her Savior is and that His church is restored through a Prophet. Every time I talk to her about Gods love for her she just stares at me like she has never heard that before and if feels so good to her to hear it. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. We had a district meeting with President and Hermana DuVall a couple days ago. We are starting a new focus in the first lesson on prayer. I learned so much. We practiced teaching so that the investigator would have the desire to pray at the end of the lesson. With that prayer they are acting for themselves on faith and will have a spiritual experience. I taught H. DuVall and I felt prompted in what to say. Ideas came to mind in how to teach and what to say. It was a neat experience and I feel really strongly that what they taught is very important. People need to know that they have a loving Heavenly Father that is waiting to hear their voice. I know He will answer any of His children, that ask with faith and a sincere heart. H. DuVall called me yesterday and thanked me for my example. She said it was the best she has heard in the whole mission and that I am becoming a master teacher. I appreciated so much her phone call. I know that I taught with power not because of my own abilities but because of the Spirit who guided my heart, my mind and my mouth. I know the church is true. I have no doubt in my mind. I have a feeling that I cant describe that runs through my entire body as I testify of Gods church restored on the earth today. I know I represent my Savior. I love you all so much. I miss you with all of my heart but I know we will be together soon. Thank you for loving me and praying for me. H. Truscott is here now with me and its wonderful. She is an answer to my prayers. Love, TheSister

No comments: