Monday, November 24, 2008

Emily - A Coruna Week 14

11.24.08

Hello...
Im not really sure where to start. Honestly I dont feel like writing this week. This has by far been thee craziest week of my mission. Today I got a phone call from the A Coruna police station. They are looking for my friend Cristina. The one that is suppose to get baptized in a couple weeks. I wont go into to details about whats going on. But we had been trying to get a hold of her all week and then I got that phone call today. Im kind of just in shock not really sure what to do and Im really sad. I hate how close I get to people sometimes. Im still praying for her but she is in a lot of trouble. There was a lot of stuff going on that we didnt know about. I know she really felt the Spirit though and I believe that for the first time in her life she felt loved and accepted. I guess I have to believe that for my own santity.
Oh business stuff....I will ask if I can call on Christmas Eve. I got letters from tiff, mom, and my dear Grandma. I think thats all, cant remember, sorry. Emails I of course have from pops. Thank you for your love.
Today I have been cooking. I made some bread, potatos, yams, and a turkey tomorrow. We are going to have a big feast together before transfers. Im not leaving this week but in three weeks, 3 hermanas are leaving and Im pretty sure I will have to leave. I didnt want to leave but now Im kind of ready to go to a new city.
We met a guy named Joni this week. He cried through the whole visit and just told us all about his horrible life. I couldnt sleep that night after thinking about him. Now with all the problems with Cristina, I dont know what Im going to do. He was a drug addict and still is an alcoholic. He told us how badly he wants to be good but feels like satan has like taken over his body. He cried as he told me that he doesnt think God loves him or listens to him. It hurt me so much to listen to him. I felt pain for him and the life he has lived. I just started crying and tried so hard to explain how much God loves him. We tried to teach him how to pray but he couldnt focus. He told us that he knows he was suppose to be with us and it wasnt a coincidence but because he was doing something good satan would try to help him be bad. During our 30 min visit he got a bunch of phone calls from friends asking him to go drink and do bad things. It seemed like I could literally see him fighting with his body between good and bad, it was horrible. He wants so badly to be good but doesnt know how.
Some more good news is that as a companionship we picked three people to work with out of the ward. All of them have told me NO. One of them even explained to me why. She said she has helped with the obra before and never seen the results from her efforts and so she refuses to help us. THANK YOU. What do you think we are doing everyday LADY. Please be good member missionaries. They need you, the new people and the missionaries.
I feel exhausted again. Its so hard to have everyones problems on your mind. I dont know how the Prophet worries about the whole world.
Well I have a lot more on my mind but my time is almost up and I dont really feel like typing anymore. I guess we will talk in about a month. That seems unreal but man I cant wait.
I love you all so much. Sorry if this email stinks. Please keep praying for me. I know the church is true. A young man prayed and God answered him. No doubt in my mind. Keep helping those new members mom and dad thats wonderful.
Mom...will you call mel tomorrow and tell her happy bday for me and that I love her and miss her. Ive been tyring to write her for a couple weeks but havent had time. thanks.
love,
the sister

No comments: