Monday, February 16, 2009

Emily - Vigo Week 7

2.15.09

Hello my family...
I have lots of good news! After a transfer of taking bucket showers we finally got a new water heater. Our dueño kept telling us that when the weather warmed up our water would warm up also. Well the sun came out and the water stayed cold. They came on Thursday to put in a new one and Ive taken more showers in the last couple days then I have my whole mission. Next good thing is the sun actually did come out. I have seen the sun for a couple days now and its helped me feel a lot better. I LOVE the sun! Right now the temperature is perfect. It feels like spring but I feel like Im kind of just waiting for it to start raining again. More good news is that I got my V-day package on V-day. Good job sisters! We were heading out for the morning and the mail man came in the door and said Emily. I tried to stay calm but it didnt work. I signed and ripped the package open. I love dark chocolate and the cookies were good too.
I went on a little cleaning rampage myself. I threw away bags and bags of junk. A couple of pdays ago I cleaned out the kitchen and then today I finished off the rest of the house. When the dueña came over to put in the new water heater her and her husband thanked us a lot for taking better care of the piso. They are more willing to help us out now with all the little problems. She was so excited to see it looking nice. I guess she usually came over and cleaned it after hermanas would leave. She is an older lady and I told her that it is our job to take care of it. I asked her to please tell us if there is anything that we need to do to help take better care of the piso.
Ricky is still doing awesome, we taught him the law of tithing this week. He accepts all the compromisos sin problema. It really is like he just knew it all before we started teaching. Camila an 18 year old girl from the rama came with us to a visit and helped out a ton. It was fun to have her go with us. Her family invited us over for dinner on Friday night. It was the second eating visit with a member that we have had in a transfer. They lived in the states for little while so it was really nice to chat and eat with them. I shared a little message at the end and I felt the Spirit very strongly. I hope they understand how much it meat to us to have dinner with them. We thanked them a million times and brought them some banana bread.
Ana pretty much told me yesterday that she wants to get baptized. Her and Manuel came to church with us on Sunday. They drove us home which by the way is really weird because that is like the 5th time Ive been in the car in the last year. Anyways they invited us over for dinner and it was soooo good. Manuel told us that he asked her what she wanted for V-day and she told him that she wanted to make a nice dinner for her friends. She had tears in her eyes while he told us. She is a good friend and I love her a lot. I just keep telling her that she is my sister and giving her big hugs. During the lesson Manuel got frustrated with me and left the room. He knows what Im saying is TRUE. He told me that Im immovable and I think thats a nice way of saying that Im stubborn.LOL! Anyways Ana and I talked and she said that her faith was at zero her pages were blank and white. Then she started visiting with us and she started feeling peace and happiness. She looked at me and said I know everything is true because I feel good. I only have one question do I have to be a missionary? Oh I almost started laughing but I held it together and let her know that she could go if she wants to but its not mandatory. She wants to get baptized. We are going back on Wednesday to teach her lesson 3 and set a fetcha. Im so HAPPY for her! I came to Spain partly to meet her and help her. I gave her a big hug like always. We have plans to take a couple trips together after the mission. It was a great experience. She needs the gospel so badly.
We met with a family from Romania last night and it was really fun. They just treated us like family. They have a very humble home and we all sat together on their bed for the lesson. They told us we are welcome back at anytime. We will be back on Wednesday. ITs so nice to be treated so well. They dont know us at all and they welcomed us in to talk about God. The little five year old boy shook my hand when we left like a little man it was so cute. I asked them to come to church on Sunday, we shall see.
I love my greenie. We get along really well. Its been fun to have her here with me.
Well I better finish up. I love you all so much. I know that this is Christ´s church, no doubt in my mind.
Love,
The Sister

No comments: