Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Emily - Vigo Week 5

2.2.09

I got letters from mom and jess this week. It was really nice to hear from both of you. Im still waiting for a letter from sister Sarah that should have made it here by now, if she sent it when she said she would. Dont ever tell a missionary that your going to send a letter and then not send it.
Ricky is still moving along. Last night we retaught him the Plan of Salvation with pictures. I was trying to hide the other pictures while we taught the first part and he was all anxious to see what else there was. He saw the sun moon and star and was like what is that. Its fun to watch someone have fun learning about the gospel. He usually teaches me when we are there. I cant remember if I told you last week that I showed him a picture of the saints in Nigeria in the Ensign and he was like oh thats fantastic. Its fun teaching him and watching him walk himself to church every Sunday even though he doesnt speak Spanish.
We found someone new this week. She is from Ecuador. It was a miracle for me. I was pretty down and we were doing some passbys. I rang her door and I heard someone yell out quien es. I came out from under the building and found someone hanging out the window. I asked for Rebeka and she looked at me weird but let us in. She welcomed us right in to her house and we sat and visited with her like we had known each other forever. She told me that she is Catholic but she never closes her door to people that want to talk to her about God. We visited for a while and she asked us about our families. It was so nice to just have someone treat us nicely and ask us about our families. We are going back on Saturday to visit her. I bore my testimony to her about families and prophets. Im excited to visit her again.
We had a nice visit with Ana this week. That lady really is my sister. There is no doubt in my mind that we were suppose to find each other. Its interesting to think what all happened for us to be put together. We spent some time with her on Saturday. She made us arepas and fresh orange juice, it was soo good. We talked a lot and I tried so hard to explain to her how special she is and how much God loves her. She has had a really hard life. She doesnt even believe that happiness is possible but she does want to find peace. I almost feel quilty for how happy I know Ive been in this life, especially when I think back to wonderful memories with all of you. Im so grateful to have you as my family forever. I told her that she is my sister and Im going to do what ever I can to help her find happiness and peace through the gospel, I know its possible. We cried a little bit together and I gave her a big hug. I want so badly to help her that it makes me crazy thinking about it. I know that I can only do my part and I have to watch her struggle to do hers. I want to just do it for her because I know how she can be happy. I think we have all felt that way before with someone we love. She thanked us for spending time with her and said that we have treated her better than she has been treated her whole life. She told me that I was a princess. I want her to understand that she is one too. That sounds super cheesy and dumb but really she needs to understand that she is a daughter of God.
It has been soooo nice to speak Spanish and have friends that are like family. All of the struggling in the beginning was worth it to be where Im at now. I love sharing the gospel!
I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. I love my Savior. I know I represent His church. Thank you so much for helping me find my own testimony so that I could be a missionary.
I love you all sooooo much and I miss you a lot!
Love,
The sister

No comments: