Monday, February 16, 2009

Logan - Lorca Week 4

2.15.09

I got Jennys letters and My B-day package thank you so much!


First thing to say is that Grandpa G. Was wise in the not talking about surfing thing. At first it didnt bother me at all but the videos of Dad almost cathing tube and shredding across the waves as the sun was setting was a bit much. You should of warned me or somthing I was sitting on the Train and I plug the new card into the camera and started watching. All of the sudden I was junmping out of my seat yelling for you to paddle harder and to cut back etc. Everyone sitting around was scared. My jaw was dropped as I looked at the pictures and watched and notcied how your surfing level has greatly improved. I m jealous but everytime you go surfing while Im on the misison means you have to take me twice as many times to make up for it. Just remember that before you plan the next surf trip without me. NIck is stealing my place as co pilot for the surf trips but I m glad you have someone to sit with and talk and of of course occasionally snake a wave from. Ok enough about surfing Im shaking a little bit. THe way I get my adrenaline fix on the mission is just telling stories from the past or talking about surfing.
Ok I visited murcia last week and they said that I still cant get my residence card. I have to go to barcelona and so that is in the process of being figured out. I m going to go by the office once more today and try and get a different lady to help me and see if that makes a difference. If not then I ll be headed up to Barcelona soon. As the way of mission work this week was kind of rought. We had to kids of 14ys that had dates to get baptized but they parents out of no where just said no. I was not very happy. They agreed a few months ago but have changed their mind. THe wierdest thing is that they kids both have bothers and sister that have already been baptized. I m very impressed with the kids because they come to church every sunday and are great memebers even though their parents arent memebers and dont support it. When you compare that to parents dragging their kids to church everyday you can see a big difference. These kids at a young age have already truly been convereted to the Gospel. The good news is that a older SPanish man that we have been teaching has finally accepted to get baptized. he has been coming to church for two years and was a devote Catholic before. When I first got here I asked why he wasnt a memeber and they just said he is stubborn and dosent like getting pushed. I m pretty sure I just said well I think he needs a little push. Durning planning we pray and talk about whaty to do with each person and then listen to the holy ghost prompt us in what to teach or do. WHile we were planning I felt that we should invite him to pray about the Book of MOrmon again even though he had already told us he knew it was true and was reading it everyday. We ended up doing it and that last appt. we had with him he said he had recieved a strong witness and is ready to get baptized. I m very thankful and for the Holy Ghost. I m learning better how to recognize the small promptings we recive daily. Some members I think oftenly always expect it to be a strong overbearing influence but I ve come to know that its more commonly new ieas or thoughts that pursuade to do good. Obviously this is somthing we here oiften in church but I thought I d mention it becasue its somthing that Im doing instead of just hearing from someone else and thinking ya I know. As we apply the principles of the Gospel lights just start turning on in the head and you come to know what youve already heard a 100 times. This letter is su`per long. The other exciting thing is that we have been visiting with our lawyer this week becasuse the office hasnt been paying our rent so we almost got kicked out. Everything is in good shape now though. The b-day package was amazing everything. The jump drive xd converter is great the lead and everything. I had root beer floats and they were fantastic as well. Thanks for the thought and care. Love you all

Elder G

No comments: