Monday, February 23, 2009

Emily - Vigo Week 8

2.23.09

Hello Everyone...The weather is still nice and Im so thankful. Also, we still have hot water. More and more I realize that Im not a rainy weather person. We had a really neat experience on Saturday morning. Planning as you all can imagine has been one of the hardest things for me about the mission. Filling up hours of time with good things to do is kind of hard. Once and a while we have visits plugged in there but even then sometimes the people arent there. We plan out huge chuncks of time and then huge back up plans. Im not very good at it. Anyways Saturday we had a huge chunck of time and I was having a hard time feeling the desire to leave the piso. I prayed to Heavenly Father that if there was someone waiting for us somewhere that He would guide me to them. I looked at the map and a street we had never really been on kept popping out. I decided we would spend the day on that street. I looked in the area book to see if we had any potentials and they werent. We put our bags on and headed out with a prayer. I didnt tell my comp anything. The road was very long and headed out to a part of our area we dont see much. It ended at a beautiful view of the ocean. It was so nice to be in some trees and have silence. I dont like big cities. As we walked out and on the way back I kept looking for something to stick out to me. The road didnt have too much on it for knocking like I had hoped. Well it got close to mediodia and we were tired from walking so we headed back. As we crossed the street there was a 50 year old man that stopped us and said in english, excuse me I need to talk to you. Usually I feel nervous as men try to talk to us but it was different with him. He went on to tell us that three years ago the Elders taught him. Well the areas changed and the church was moved from where he knew it and he lost contact. He said he has been looking for us and he couldnt believe his eyes when he saw us walking down the street. He is a Marine and works a lot with other people that speak english and he also travels to the US alot. He had a little cafe on the street where he found us and pretty much begged us to come by. He told us that we are very welcome to come by anytime. Im sure he remembers how he felt as the Elders taught him years ago. We are going to stop by this week. It was a huge miracle for me. I know that Heavenly Father hears our prayers and is very mindful of us. It really has been through the small miracles that I realize how much He loves me. Im one in a world of billions but I see His hand in my life and in the lives of others. Ana called us and canceled our follow up visit. We asked her to pray about getting baptized. She said Manuel needed to go to Portugal and just told her. We stopped by the next day and Manuel answered and said he had to go to a meeting. I wanted to say well we want to talk to Ana. I think he is getting frustrated because he is suppose to be the one with all the knowledge. In the lessons he starts saying crazy science stuff and then I testify and slam him, in a nice way of course. Ana loves the lessons and told us that for the first time she feels like all of her questions are being answered. Anyways we left the building and I felt a little discouraged because I knew Satan was doing everything to keep us from having contact with her. About 30 minutes after leaving Ana called us and said Manuel left and I want you to come over. When she called we were on our way to a less active to take her fresh bread and freezer strawberry jam. Yes mom I finally made the freezer jam. Anywyas we stopped in and said hi to them and then went to Anas. She had run to the store and bought a load of food for us. She made french fries, eggs and steak. Then for dessert strawberries and kiwis. It was sooo good and I was so glad that she called but I told her I dont want to do this behind Manuel´s back and cause her more problems. She said well this is how it has to be done. He wants to control me because he is unhappy. He thinks that if I get a job or friends I will desert him. She is praying and reading. I dont know if I already told you that one night she was praying and opened the BOM. She said she read exactly what she needed to hear. I told her that is the way I knew that the BOM was the word of God. I would pray after bad days at school and when I opened the Book of Mormon I felt peace and read exactly what I needed. Heavenly Father talked to me through that sacred book. Well anyways Manuel took her back to Portugal so they didnt come to church. In fact we were suppose to have 7 people and only our good faithful Nigerian Ricky showed up. I love Ana and Manuel. I keep praying that Heavenly Father will help us know how to help them. They are both at such differnt spots in their lives and they have so much baggage.The Romanian family were some of the people that were suppose to come. We went by their house early Sunday morning and they didnt answer the door. It so hard for people to change even as they have the Spìrit manifest to them that what we teach is true. Im so thankful to have the gospel in my life. Life is hard but it would be a lot harder with out hope and faith is something more. I know that I will be with my family in the next life. I will do everything I can to be worthy to live with you and God again. I love my Savior and I know that this is His church.I love you and miss you!Love,The sister

No comments: