Monday, February 23, 2009

Logan - Lorca Week 5

2.23.09

Thanks mom for your letters! I got two this morning from you and One from EMily. AT least the family is faithful in letter writing! EMily I will send the camera card today with a letter. Well Iam still illegal which is kind of exciting in a sense. We havent had to run form any cops but just knowing that I might have to is fun and my alertness has been raised a notch. I went to the office the other day and they have no clue about anything. Everytime I go they tell me somthing different and give me different papers to fill out. This time I pulled the whole Hey whats you name and number because you will be getting a call from my Abogado or lawyerer. They refused to give me their information becasue the girl wasnt quite sure on the whole situation herself so she said she wouldnt be able to tell the lawyer any new information. I got more papers and I m going to try to take out residency again in a bigger city 30 mins away on thursday. I hope it works out. Mean time the lawyer has not answered his phone. We ll see what happens this week. Dad th Chrismas letter was hilarious both of my companions were on the for laughing. I also thought it was great. This week we were walking in the center of the city and a man frm Ecuador came to us and said he was inactive and so was his wife but wanted us to come over. He also told me that he wanted us to pretned we hadnt talked to him so that his wife would think that we were guided there by the spirit. Little did he know it was amazing that he even found us because we are no normally in the part of the city where he lives. WE went by to suprise visit them and we couldnt find the piso. WE were in the area and had given up. WE decided to head back and he whistled out the window but from where i was he just looked like a crazy man. I finally felt that we should at least see who it is and it happened to be him. WE went up and taught them and the spirit was felt strong. At the start of the misison I was a lot more timid. I feel like I ve become very bold which sometimes a bad thing. Needless to say in this apt. it worked to our advantage. I plainly told them to get their lives back and order and stop being flojo or lazy, (you get sick of hearing the same excuses everyday day after day) We set goals to start doing the little important thigns that make the big differeance, scriptures, prayers, and church. I then told them that we were willing to do everything in our power to help them accomplish those things becauser thats how important they are. THey got the point and we saw them at church yesterday which was great. Menos activos are hard to deal with because they always say we ll see you at churhc and then dont come and then week after week you have to listen to the new but same old crappy excuses. It was nice to see them rise to the challeng or put off the natural man Mos 3:19. Well everything else is going well. I like Lorca and I am not excited for the heat to come. I could be moving this transfer which would mean that you shouldnt send letters after the 2nd of March. I m coming up to the year mark! crazy. We are also having Zone cnfrence this week so I lok foward to that. Love you all have a great week Elder G

No comments: