Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Emily - Vigo Week 16

4.20.09

Hello my Dear Family....
Its been a weird week and I dont have anything too exciting to tell you. My companion has been sick but luckily I havent gotten it...yet. I got a lovely Easter package. I love those mints and my comp loved the chocolate bunnies. I got letters from brother and mom, cant remember if I got any others.
We had a visit with our Romanian family. We were teaching them the plan of salvation and right in the middle of the lesson the mom pulled out a 106 euro bill. She told me that her husband left her here all alone with the baby because they only had enough money for one ticket to their country. They had no money and asked me what I could do. I felt so sad for them and so guilty for what I have. I bore my testimony to them of our Savior Jesus Christ and I did feel a peace in their home before we left. Im so grateful for you and your love for me. I have a home and a family that loves me. Everyone is really low on money and almost everyone we are teaching is going back to their country. We have a long week planned for looking.
I talked to a really nice lady from Madrid in the street a couple days ago. A couple javis-they are like the young boys here, anyways they asked us for some papers about our church because they had a school project. I think they were just messing with us but I gave them a card and now they always talk to us in the streets. Its sad because I know they just want attention and love. I try to be nice to them but they do make me a little nervous. Anyways a lady walked by while they were talking to us and thought they were being rude. She told us not to worry about them and I was like wow this lady is talking to us instead of just starring. I started talking to her and asked her how she learned about God. She told me a beautiful conversion story and I agreed with everything she said. We got her address and I hope we can find her this week.
Ricky came to church in a suit this week with out a tie. Everyone told him how guapo he looked at he HATED the attention. I asked him if he was doing okay and he was like im never going to wear this again. I asked why not and he said because its trouble. He is kind of shy. We had a great visit with him. He pretty much taught us the plan of salvation. Im grateful to know him. We gave him a scrap book of his baptism and he loved it. I gave him a marshmellow from the package it was so funny. They dont really eat sweets and when I gave it to him he was like what is this, do I eat it. Later he told me that he ate it and liked it.
Well sorry for the short letter but at least its about the same length as brothers. I love you all soooooo much. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that this is His church. Ill keep praying for you and I need you to keep praying for me. I love you!
Love,
The Sister

No comments: