Saturday, April 18, 2009

Logan - Lorca Week 14

4.14.09

Thanks Grandpa Jordan and Kaylie for your letters.


Thanks Dad for your email you had me laughing. The walk your compaion out technique is a classic. I learned it from my trainer. It never helps the situation because you have to end up waiting either way but at the moment it provides a little bit of relief.
This week in Spain all of the non-believers, believe but only for the week. Semana Santa here is quite an ordeal. Everyone goes to the center of town and they have a huge parade. Everyone then gets hammered and yells things like vive la virgen guapa. I grabbed some video so you ll be able to see it for yourself. I read in Isa. 44 and it sounds to me that he saw the parade as well hundreds of years ago. It talks about how people we worship metal and food and if you look on the stautes here is looks just like what Isaiah had described.
We had zone confrence in Murcia this week and that went very well. I always get what I need and its incredible and nice to know that we have leaders in the church that have the right to recieve revelation for us. I learned a lot and was reminded of how much bigger this work is then just me. We talked about the gathering of Israel and the Abrahamic covenant and how we have to baptize people so they can go to the temple and recieve more blessings.
We had the baptism on Saturday and everything went very well. I was very excited to see it go through. They are thinking of moving back to Romania soon and so we talked with the missionaires there to figure out a ride to church each sunday. Everyone is having trouble finding work here.
We have also been teaching another couple that have testimonies and want to get baptized but have been living togther. We have been encouraging them to get married so they can be baptized. They have been coming to church regularly for a while and it has been frustrating to me to not see them get married more quickly. I finally talked to them about it more boldly and now they will be getting married and baptized in one month. I am so excited because so many missionaries have taught them and they always just said the papers take a long time or somthing but really they just didnt know if they were ready to get baptized. So after I asked some questions I felt inspired to go through the baptismal questions and let them know how ready they were. They let out all their doubts and we answered their questions. They said they feel different when were there and when there at church and they want it always. I let them know that that means they have to be baptized as soon as possible so they can recieve the Holy Ghost I then let them know how my firneds always felt somthing different in our house and told them that their house could be the same. It was a neat experiance and Im excited they are finaly going to be baptized.
Well thats pleny for today. I know that this is Christs church, that he only formed one when we came the 1st time and only one will he recognize when he returns. Through the power of the Holy Ghost I know this. I cant deny what I ve felt and what I feel every single day. have a good week I love you guys.

No comments: