Monday, April 27, 2009

Logan - Lorca Week 16

4.27.09

Thanks Jenny, Mom, and the Hepworths for your letters. This week has been fun but a bit tiring if thats a word I dont know. I went up to Murica sunday last week and stayed the night there. Then monday I left Murcia at 5 in the morning, I almost got on the wrong train because I was so out of it. I went up to Bracelona Monday and ate dinner with President and his wife and then all the trainiers had a short but good meeting after. He basically told us to be exactly obedient or we will start the new missionaires off badly and it will negative effect on the mission. He explained how us training them well will have an effect on the mission for the next few years. Monday night I stayed with some elders in a city outside of Barcelona then tuesady morning we went bowling and then picked up our kids hijos or greenies from the office. Elder Monks is my new COmp and he is from Mesa Az my theird comp form that city so far. He is a great kid and we get along very well. He likes moto cross and any other outdoor sports so we have a lot in common. On the way home form Barcelona we had to stay in Valencia so I could get my residence card and that is finally all taken care of. Then from Valencia home to Lorca we had to swtich trains 4 times with all his bags. He is now regretting bringing so much garbage on the mission and has made an oath to return with one small suit case. I am in accordance with that as well. the work is going well here and despite the traveling we were able to have a great week. The work is going foward very well here and we have a few baptisms lined up for the next few weeks. Ia m so excited we finally have a good spanish investigator. I hope he will be humble enough to do what he knows he needs to do. Not to much else is going on. Its made me greatful to listen to my hijo speak spanish and has made me realized that I was like that. its amazing how much help we recieve in learning the Language. We do of course have to do our part and exersize our faith through didligent study but the Lord really does the rest. Dad remember that blue bow of vocab words you gave me? I remember looking at that and thinking I am got to just (pick up) the language at the Mtc I never really understood that I would have to learn it throught study and practice lol well anyway I know every single one of those flash cards now I went through them the other day. Its amazing what we can accomplish in one year. wow this letter is way to long love you all and have a great week Elder G

No comments: