Thursday, June 4, 2009

Emily - Vigo Week 22

6.1.09

Hello my fam...
Okay it was raining and cold like always and then all of a sudden it turned to a 100 degrees. Im not sure how to convert exactly but I think it was 36 degrees the other day..crazy. I dont remember it being that hot last summer.
I had zone conference yesterday, my last one and I cant believe it. It was so weird to be the one in that position. I gave my dying testimony. I felt the spirit very strongly and much gratitude for this experience.
My favorite experience this week was teaching Diana my chuche friend that works next door. We taught in her storage room that is behind the store, sitting on boxes of water. It was a million degrees inside and she brought us little spanish fans and popcicles. She told us that she doesnt think it was casualidad that we live right by their store and that she has always had contact with us. I told her that I agreed. We taught her about Gods love and families. Its amazing how much the lessons just become a conversation when the spirit is teaching and not us. She opened up so much and I already love her but felt even a greater love for her while we taught. I told her as I looked at her right in the eyes how much God loves her and I know she felt something special because she asked me to say the same thing to her husband before I left. They work a lot but invited us to come over and teach during mediodia when they go home to eat. Otherwise we can only teach her while he runs the front. Anyways before we left we were talking, laughing and I said Arturo God loves you a lot and you are his son. He looked at me for a second and then just said thank you but really sincerly. I agree with brother the mission helps you be more blunt. I think its confidence through the Spirit. They have become like family. We see them like everyday and they invited us to eat with them this Saturday at a place called Hollywood. Oh I love them a lot. It will be hard to will be hard to leave behind. I dont know if I should type this but parents can take this part out if they want..anyways its been amazing to me how over and over againg the inv. and non believing people have treated me better than the people I see every Sunday. Im thinking about using that thought as my homecoming talk topic but I dont know if one ward can handle my dad and me....lol!
We had three people with us at church this Sunday finally. Three young adults from Romania. A couple visits ago we talked about the things we dont do on Sundays and someone said oh we shouldnt work and the guy was like ya you shouldnt work but you can ask for money. He is pretty funny and likes to joke around a lot. They were all shoked when I took his jokes and threw them right back at him. We still have all the visits together on the bed. The parents arent progressing and we stopped teaching them but we are teaching their neice and her sister and her sisters husband. They have become pretty good friends and I can actually understand them when they speak in Romanian. Not everything of course but it freaks me out when I realize I answer them after they say something to me in Romanian. They also speak in Portuguese sometimes because they lived in Portugal. I can understand that a lot better. I really hope I can find ways to keep my Spanish up when I get home. Oh ya it was pretty neat on Sunday I was sitting by the three of them in church and I told them that they could take the sacrament if they would like but they didnt need to. I heard the guy talking to the two girls in Romanian about how they smoke and they went to a discoteca last night. He didnt feel that they were worthy to do so and I really thought it was neat that he respected and partially understood what it meant.
Today we went to Pontevedra a little town close to here to see my favorite family that just moved. They made us empanadas and we just sat around and talked. I made peach cobbler and it was sooo good. I made the Elders play twister together afterwards for entertainment, it was so funny.
Well there is much more to say like usual but no time. I love you so much.
Love
The sister
ps Grandpa I did your study on prayer of faith and I want to talk to you about it when I get home and a lot more. It will be so nice to just visit with you and Grandma. I love you both dearly.

No comments: