Monday, June 15, 2009

Emily - Vigo Week 24

6.14.09

Hello Family...I got a lot of letters. Everyone is trying to sugar me up before I come home. I have two snail mails from Jess and mom. E-mails I have from Grandma and Grandpa Gogarty, Dad, and my trainer. I can´t believe this is my last week in the mission. Some exciting news is that one of the districts will become a stake in September. That will be a huge step for northern Spain. It will be exciting to see what other changes will follow. Today we went to the most beautiful island in the world...or so they told us. The sand was a beautiful white and the water very clear. I cant even explain to you how much I wanted to just touch the sand. We will have to take a trip to CA very soon. Im sure that wont bug pops. Ive missed the water a lot, I cant imagine how much brother is missing it. Our friends Arturo and Diana made us lunch and we spent the day together. It was really nice and Im going to miss them a lot. We continue to teach her behind the store but really want to teach them together. Hopefully they can give us some time during mediodia. She asked us a lot about the temples and it was neat to talk to her about eternity. Her and Arturo have a really good relationship. They are like mission companions because they are together all day long in the store. They just seem like really good friends, its neat. They have been such a blessing to me in my last couple weeks here. They love us and look out for us like family would. The other day we came late from a visit and Diana had Arturo waiting outside the store to see where we were. She pointed at her watch and was like um where have you been. She helps us with and respects the mission rules because she respects and loves us. This week we met with the older spanish couple. We had such a nice time together. The wife pretty much told us that she knows its the true church but she wont leave behind her husband. I think he knows its true too but cant give up smoking. They treated us so kindly and I really felt like I was just with Grandma and Grandpa Gogarty at their table in St. George. They even talked to us and counseled us about life. They try to go every year to Florida and love it. It sure makes me sad when people cant enjoy the blessings of the gospel because of something so stupid like a cigarette. There are so many horrible addictions in this world that take over peoples lives. Everyday our building smells likes smoke because people cant get out of the building fast enough to light up. They dont want to smoke in the house but they have it hanging out of their mouth with their lighter in their hands and its the first thing they do once they step out. We went to a Romanian birthday party this week that was pretty crazy. The little girl was turing two and had NO IDEA it was her birthday. I sang to her in english. We ate big chunks of meat with our hands and a big glass of coke. All of the food was set up outside on the dressers from inside. They were really excited to have us with them for the party and only invited us to drink about 6 times. I guess we will need to teach them the word of wisdom. Ill show you the video when I get home, its hilarious. Oh the experiences we have in the mission. Really I dont ever feel uncomfortable anymore in ANY situation. Ive seen it all. A mission prepares you for so many things in so many different ways. I have felt an overwhelming sense of gratitude this week for this experience. I have been so blessed to be a missionary for Christ´s church. Im really grateful for my mission. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. It changes lives and allows us to be truly happy.Thank you for your love and support.Love,The Sister

No comments: