Monday, June 15, 2009

Logan - Lorca Week 23

6.14.09

Thanks Jenny, Jessica, Mom, Grandpa Gogarty and Emily for your letters this week. I get a lot more mail then most missionaries with the time I have in the misison. I am glad I havent completly escaped your thoughts. This week has gone well and we saw a lot of success. I think i told you about the two kids that came to church last week from Rumania. We got in with there whole family this week and I was able to practice a bit of my rumano. They were content to see that I at least tried and I was able to share quite a bit of the first because I learned a ton of the languauge while teaching Ilia and Ana our Rumanian Recent converts. They look good in white as I say and should be getting baptized soon. Its always great to teach families. We have another couple that finally got their papers to get married and so we should have their baptism as well next month. The work is going siprisingly well and I am glad I didnt take seriously the comments from people about ¨not baptizing in Europe¨ before my misison. We took another trip to Aguilas the beach town and enjoyed some nice sea food witht the Old branch president. The poor guy wants to start the misisonary work there and when we sat down with the family to get names to pray for and begoin teaching each family memeber came up with an excuse and left the room lol Including the wife. We are still going to continue working there once a week. I have made good friends witht the Spanish Investigator and he always asks for me to come by and visit with him. Its been nice talking to him because I ve learned alot about the spanish culture. He always has his grandaughter call me and invite us over to sit down and talk. I think I ve done everything is my power to baptize the man but he wont have it. Doing anything more then what I ve though of would be taking away his agency lol. Its been nice to be in our gospel principle class and listen to son many honest people who are looking for the truth and are sick of people lieing to them. A lot of people get work, work and then never get paid. Its really sad. Its nice to see them ccoming to church and finding the truth which makes them happy. There is nothing better then being a missionary. Seeing the changes in people has been very rewarding and makes everything worth it. Even this horrible heat. Its like playing lava everyday but we hide in the shadows and avoid the sun. The catch is that it actually burns you as where is a house you just fall on the ground. Anyways I think thats enough for now. I want pictures of river surfing and the bike shop and just everything I want more pictures. Is Sarah still alive? I wouldnt mind hearing from ya ! Oh and try to keep emily coming home on the dl that means down low I really dont want to hear about it too much I dont think it will help me at all right now. Lol thanks Love you all Elder G

No comments: