Monday, June 8, 2009

Logan - Lorca Week 22

6.8.09

Thanks Kayli, Jordan, Shannon, and Emily for your letters!

Grandpa Layton happy 84th!

Well this week was fast sunday and I did see a few mircales come from it. The first being that the Branch President was released. lol he wasnt that bad and you cant blame him because he has been serving form more then 8 years but I am excitied that a new one was called who will hopefully be a litle more succesful and helpful. This sunday we had two kids show up from Rumania who I had contacted in the street and will will be teaching them today. I have really enjoyed working with the youth of the branch and finding/teaching more. It has been a great experiance.
Last week we did some service which was way fun and also fairly akward. We painted for a family thats moving back to ecuador. The are trying to get the piso cleaned up because they have been renting for the last few years. I dont know what the contract that was made between the memebers renting and the Land Lords but when the land lady came over and saw that two punk kids were painting her apartment she was not very happy. Her husband asked us where our painting suits were thinking we were actually painters. lol situations like these I just pretned not to understand nor speak spanish. That is always the safest bet. Needless to say the apartment looked pretty decent by the end of it even though the land lords found out that we werent hired painters lol. He asked me if I had ever even painted befor and I si si but I dont think he was very convinced lol.
WE also went to the coast a city called Aguilas and did service for memebers that own a pizzeria and that was way fun. We helped make pizzas and also learned how to make our own. I tried convince them into letting us deliver their pizzas on their scooters but I ended up with just a picture instead. They want me to come live there for a summer and deliver for them which would be a town of fun. It would be fun to kite surf ,scuba dive fish, sail etc.
My first District meeting went well and durning my announcments I let everyone know that I was writing my companions sister. I dont think he liked that too much but everyone else thought it was funny and it is actually true so I didnt feel too bad.
Well a funny spanish mistake I amde this week was while teaching about how families can be togther forever I said that you can life with your brother in law instead of spouse for eternity lol that was fun. The words are super similar and I should have just used esposo but I am trying to expand my vocab.
Anyway everything else is going well here. We did get a new neighbor and he is big fat and never wears a shirt so I get to wake up to that every morning. He is always looking at me its creepy. I dont like apartment living that much but that seems to be the way its done here. Anyways I love you all have a great week and keep shredding the crap out of the river waves for me.

Love,
Elder G

No comments: