Thursday, June 4, 2009

Logan - Lorca Week 21

6.2.09

I am trying to refrain myself from punching in the computer screen right now. My nice letter just got erased as I clicked send.

Thanks Mom and Sharla for your letters.

I am staying in Lorca and have been called as District Leader!

We had the baptism of the 14 yr old from Ecuador on saturday. It went really well and his Mom came who is also investigating the church. She was dressed nicer then all the memebers at the baptism. The branch President showed up a half hour late and was trying to blame it on me (its the first baptism that hes came to while Ive been here) The reason he came is becasue we asked him to baptize javier. I like having the members baptize the converts because I hope it makes them feel tied to them and feel the need of helping them reamin active as the missionaries come and go. The baptism went well and the spirit was felt during the special ordiance. Even though I did have to offend the branch president and not film it for him. lol wow He brought his video camera I thought that was a known rule or at least common sense.
Another great experiance was visiting a less active family who hasnt been to church in years. I feel like I am becoming a bold missionary. I know and realize that a lot of these people I will never see again and if I can help them in some way for this short time I am here then good and if they get offeneded then thats their problem. I asked the less active family if they had any real reasons not excueses for not coming to church. After a few moments of thinking they realized no and said they would be there. It was great to see them at church and the members were suprised as well. It make me worry that there are so many peopel that just need one visit to reactivate them but have no one that cares about them.
A lot mroe happened but of course I dont have time. We are in the pretty beach town of aguilas today and its heen so hot. I would love to jump in the ocean its very tempting.
Oh ya and on the way down here I was taying a leak in the bus station and the cleaning lady came in and started mopping around my feet. Europe is a little diferent thent the states lol.
Ok I want the camera card so I can see pictures of cali! please send that soon.
Oh and one more thing I got a call from the family we baptized in Elche. It was great to hear from them they told me everything every misisonary wants to hear. They explained how greatful they were and how happy they are due to the gospel. It gave me such a boost. Gustavo the dad is now a counselor in the Elders Qurom. Well no time left I love you all send the camera card

Love Elder G

I hope you having fun in the river without me! Its soo hot here in the 100s

No comments: