Monday, September 1, 2008

Emily - A Coruna Week 5

9.1.08

Hello My Family...Ok first off business items-right Dad!1. I got a package on Tuesday. Its number four. I dont understand your numbering system. Yes, I got the camera but there wasnt any cords. I need the USB cord so I can send you pics. and something else to charge the camera. Thank you so much for the package. Its was fun to get it. Mon.-letters from Mom and Becky BrazellWed.-Grandma GogartyThurs.-BrotherEmails-Dad and Grandpa GogartyEveryone else was to busy to write me because they were at the BEACH!!!! Dont worry Im keeping track of who sends the most letters. Just wait until I get home. Anyways to those of you who remembered me, I love you. I cant always respond to your letters but I hope you know how much each one means to me. Dad-you bought me a really great memory card I guess because it hasnt gotten full yet. Also Ive been sending pics every week since you complained. Im glad you had a nice time at the beach together. I dont mind that you tell me about stuff like that. You might as well tell me what is really going on because otherwise I just imagine things up. Plus I will know exactly what I deserve when I get home. It did make me miss you but it seems like everything makes me miss you. Its been a long time since Ive seen you or talked to you. It kind of seems like your not real anymore. Like Im in a dream and when I wake up you will all appear again. We had a neat visit with a Spaniard man that is a lawyer. We usually teach the Restoration and the BOM as two lessons but we had a BOM with us that day and I know it was for this man. He took it and asked us to give him a month to read it. Hopefully we have contact with him before an entire month is up. He asked us what is different about your church. We have a really neat way of answering this question with a timeline that takes about 7 minutes. Everything made sense to him and Im excited to see where it all goes. We met with an African women this week. She didnt want to talk to us at first. She has a lot of troubles. We she finally let us in, I saw that she had some pics. of her family on the couch. I asked her if I could look at them. It really helped her open up a lot. We started teaching her lesson two because she told us that somedays she wants to throw herself out the window. She only lives for her son. She told us that she wants to believe that there is something after this life. She prays to her Grandma because she isnt sure if God exists. I asked her to pray to him and see if He listens. I promised her that things would go better for her and that she WOULD see the hand of God in her life. He is waiting for her to start talking to Him. I know He loves her so much. I asked her how she would like to feel when she stands in the presence of God. Even though she says she doesnt believe she does. She told me that she wants to feel tranquila and felicidad. Not only then but now. She said that she has never experienced felicidad. She has had times of happiness but complete content happiness, NO! I have no doubt in my mind that to have that kind of happiness you must do what God has asked us to do. He knows ALL! We dont understand everything but He does. Pure Joy comes from living the commandments of God. I know that this is true and I hope that I can help her see that. When people tell me that they dont believe in God. I want to just give them a hug and tell them how much He loves them. I can feel His love for them as I talk to them.We met a couple in the park the other day. The women doesnt have her two kids with her for obvious reasons. The boyfriend we had met before and we called him to set up a visit and he brought her along. It was about 7 in the evening and they were both drunk. I felt sad for them as we talked to them. She doesnt believe in anything and he wants to believe in something after this life because his mom died. Once again I wanted to just tell them God loves you so much and I did. A lot of people that I meet I want to take home for a month. I would bathe them, dress them and then have them follow me around for the month to church and everything. They would quickly see the difference in their lives and how good they can feel. Then after a month they could head out on their own. For this man and woman I could see for them what they cant see for themselves. The gospel I know can change lives. I hope I can help someone see that. Ok well I have to go my time is up. I love you all so much! Thank you for your love and support.Love, The Sister

No comments: