Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Emily - A Coruna Week 7

9.15.08

Hello My Family...Mom sorry I wasnt on yesterday, every transfer we have zone conference on our pday and then have our free day on Tuesday. Conference was fabulous yesterday, like always. My head hurt afterwards because I learned so much. Now I just have to figure out how to apply it all. Also usually the miss. that are leaving bear their testimonies well we didnt have any leaving so President asked me to do it because Im halfway. It was really weird to be up there and the first thing I said was ummm no voy a casa pero...President just laughed and said thank you, like he was glad to hear that Im staying. Anyways it was so weird to be up there because Im half ways done and I will be up there saying goodbye in another 8-9 months. This week I got letters from mom, sister-Sarah, brother, Brother Chambers, moms friend, and e-mails from Sister Jess, mom, and Dad. Thank you so much for the letters, they really do mean so much to me. Brother-Im doing email later than usual because I was hoping to get on after you. I wrote you a really long letter today but I dont know if you left or not. I guess Ill have to wait and send it. I sure appreciated your letter and loved hearing your thoughts. I love you and Im thankful to have you here.Well we had two neat experiences this week. Its amazing how literally Gods hand is in His work. I contacted a lady on the street the other day from Argentina. My companion later told me that she wasnt going to stop her because she thought she was Spaniard-sometimes they are a little more harsh, later she thanked me for contacting her. Anyways she was in a hurry but gave me her phone number and told me to call in one hour. During lunch I called her and set up an appointment for the next morning. At 11 we went to her house and had a beautiful lesson together. Its so nice to be treated kindly by someone. She heated up some milk for us and gave us some cookies and we chatted a little to get to know her better. The lesson wasnt a lesson it was a discussion directed by the Spirit. It flowed so amazingly that there isnt any doubt in my mind that my companion and I were directed by the Spirit in what to say. She talked about her mother a lot and told us of her special relationship that she has with her mother. I talked about you mom, when I shared how the gospel blesses families. I told her about how well we understand each other and even if we dont understand we just laugh hysterically together. I showed her a pic of the family and told her how thankful I am to my parents and their examples to me. You taught me to love, to forgive, to serve, to be kind and on and on. I love teaching about families. During the lesson I felt very prompted to ask her who Christ is to her. She opened up a lot and told some very wonderful experiences she had at a very young age that testified to her that Christ is real and He is her Savior. We talked about the Atonement and how it can heal. As I said the first vision she looked at me directly in my eyes. We never once lost eye contact through the whole thing and I know she felt the power behind the words of the Prophet. At the end of the lesson she said, I never knew and I said thats why we are here. It was a really beautiful experience and it really helped me a lot.Other experience we were trying to clean our area book up and H. Garcia chose 5 people to pass by. We found a lady named Carmen from Cuba. She had prayed three days before that she would have contact with the missionaries again. I felt right at home with her and her mother. I sat between them on the couch and I felt like part of their family, it was really weird and comforting. They asked me about my life a little bit which was a change. We never talk about us. It was fun to visit with them a little bit and feel like I was in a home. Carmen knows its true and she just needs to come to church and see with her eyes that its Christs church. Mom-Dad told me that you wrote camera on the package. Its good that your honest but im pretty sure thats why it didnt arrive and the package that said crackers on the list did come. Im so mad because I really want that granola. Mom really its fine to write miss. supplies because thats what I am. Your so funny! Hopefully it shows up at some point because I really want it. IF you paid so much money to insure it, I dont understand why you cant track it. Anyways I love you mom and thank you for putting it all together even though only half arrived. I loved your letter and I will write back today.Dad-thank you for your email today. Its always just what I need. Im so blessed to have you and mom in my life. Your both wonderful people and Im thankful for your examples. Thank you for sharing your missionary experiences. It really is in the simple things that we can find real, true joy. I sure love you all soooo very very much. I know that I am a missionary for my Savior Jesus Christ. Thank you for teaching me who He is. I love you!Love,The Sister

No comments: