Monday, September 8, 2008

Emily - A Coruna Week 6

9.8.08

Hello my Family..First off business items...oh thats fun to say!1. I still have only received package number four. I guess you sent a package before number 4 that never arrived. It might come today. I love the mailing system here! 2.Do any of you work? Jess we only went to Mexico once while you were gone. You guys are talking about a different vacation in every letter. I wont be surprised if you are in China next week. 3. Jess, yes I received the pics of Brenna in the mail and she is up on my wall. BEAUTIFUL BABY GIRL! 4.Jess sent me an email that says, we really enjoyed visiting you, here are some fun pics. of the trip. I dont ever remember seeing you, could you please visit again. No but really I loved the pics. of you together with Brenna in the center of every photo. I think she is going to be a little spoiled. I loved seeing Grandma and Grandpa. Grandma that is just how I picture you in my mind in your purple flowered gown. I loved seeing your smiles. You both mean so much to me.Dad commented in his letter that I dont really say anything about how the spanish is going. Thats because when I have the chance to talk in english I dont want to say anything about spanish, j/k! I have learned more spanish in the last couple weeks with H. Garcia then in all of my mission. We communicate pretty well and when I cant think of a word I make it up and it usually works out and thats one thing that I really love about Spanish. Im almost understanding everything, depending on who is talking. The only thing I want to tell you about today is yesterday. This week was full of canceled visits but then a miracle happened on Sunday. Two Brazilian families came to church and our investigator Cris. Two complete families came to church. In one of the families we are teaching the son who is eight and wants to be baptized. His father wants to be baptized too but they arent married. The mother is an inactive member of many years. I cant explain how good it was to see them all sitting together at church. They live with a member family and want what they see in their friends, they unity the gospel brings because we know we are together for eternity. They just need to get married and I am willing to do what ever I can to help make that happen. They fed us like crazy again on Saturday. More meat than we eat in a month. The wife doesn speak spanish very well because she has only been here for a month but every visit she is more comfortable. At the end of the party we taught them the plan of Salvation. When we were getting ready to leave the wife said we are all coming to church together tomorrow. I sat by her in class and I just love her so much even though we cant communicate very well.We taught another family from Brazil this week. They had been looking for a church to attend on Sundays. We taught the wife and she cried in the visit when we talked about families. THE GOSPEL OF JESUCRISTO BLESSES FAMILIES! I loved teaching her what blessings her family can have in Christs church. Her daughter is a little shy and didnt want to come in but finally came in part way through. They agreed to come to church together. Then on Sunday morning we waited for them at the front doors and they didnt show up. I knew we needed to call them. When they answered they said they lost the paper with the direction and they had been looking on the internet for directions. We explained to them how to get to the church and then started walking in their direction. The family came together, even the Dad that we had never met. They all came to the gospel principles class that happened to be the organization of the Priesthood. I was a little nervous but it went amazingly well. The spirit was so strong as E. Batty talked about the power of the Priesthood on the earth today. Testimony meeting was awesome! It was just what I needed and what our investigators needed. I love hearing people bear pure testimonies. For the most part the people here have real testimonies because if they didnt they wouldnt come to church. Its not like the thing to do here in Spain, Mormons arent well known.Cris came with his BOM in hand, ready to learn. He is practically a member just is afraid of baptism. I want him to attend a baptism so he can see what its like. Its such a beautiful sacred covenant between you and God. IT has nothing to do with anyone else. Its not a huge party or celebration but the power of the Spirit that cant be felt when someone is baptized under the authority of God is phenomenal. We had a visit with Cris after church with a member and we talked about his fetcha meta for this Saturday. He is living the commandments already, he just needs to enter the water. I want each and every one of you to know that I know that we are members of Christs church. We are so blessed to have the knowledge that we have. Some mornings as I look out from the 12th floor of our piso building I realized how many people there are that dont have the truth. Do you realize what we have? I think if we did we would share it more often. Some many people are suffering in one way or another and I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ will heal the wounded soul. Its healed mine on many occasions. I love my Savior and I know that He lives and loves me. The Atonement is real and if we have experienced the powerful healing effects of the Atonement we would share this message with everyone. Talk to people and pray to know how to help them. It may just be your best friend. Member or not, female or male, black or white we should invtie others to come unto Christ because He can heal. I sure miss you guys a lot but Im thankful for this opportunity to be a representative of my Savior. I hope I am doing what I was called here to do. I love you all sooooooo much!Love,The Sister

No comments: