Monday, September 8, 2008

Logan - Valencia Week 16

9.8.08

Thanks to Ahsley, Mom , and Lis for your letters this week I really enjoyed them as always. Ya eactly on the jacket and I was hoping the fleece could maybe zip out or somthing. Take your time looking for it I dont need it quite yet. It cant have to big of a label or anything like that. Thanks for the Help. I may be able to find somthing here but chanes are its a lot more expensive. I had a lot of fun reading your letter today they always make me laugh. It was also nice to read emilys letter as well I had some some similar eperiances this week. I have been trying to convey to people that Just like they know whats best for their kids, the stove is hot, staying out late will make you grumpy etc. God knows whats best for you being he is your Heavenly Fater. He is all knowing and wants you to be happy and that is why we have commandments and rules. We dont have to (get burned) form the stove if we follow the council of Prophets and the Commandments. Anyone that dosent believe that can live the Word of Wisdom and experiment on the words of Chirst Alma (32: 28-32) See how you feel when your not living it compared to after. God knows what is best for us and he simply wants us to be happy. By obedience to the rules we are made free. It seems oppposite because normally you think of rules holding you back or tiesing you down but I like to compare laws to the string of a kite. They help us fly without them we are lost. Satan wants us trapped and when we disobey rules he gets more and more control over us through substances and addictions. I am so greatful for the Gospel and for my family. I dont have to feel my way into darkness getting to close and trapped like the people in Lehis Vision. I have the Iron rod the Word of God that takes me happily eactly where I want to go. I am very greatful for that and the oppurtunity to help others grab onto the iron rod and watch their lives change for the better. I had the oppurtunity to give an Elder in our Piso a blessing this week. It was an incredible experiance. There is no doubt in my mind that the priesthood is real and that we have it. I always feel power run through my body as I lay my hands on someones head to give them a blessing. We had a great zone confrence last week and I learned a lot of things I need to work on. Its so funny how much I have changed. before I left I though I want to come back the same Logan. Now I have realized that I dont even want to be the same tommorrow I want to be better. Everyday we have the oppurtunity to learn and grow. We can always try harder the next day to become better people to become more like Chirst. I am greatful for the Atonement for the suffering Jesus went through for each of us so we could repent and become better people. Through the Atonement we can be comfortable in the presence of our God. Its great to teach so much durning the week I love how much I learn while i am teaching the ideas that flow through your mind and your understanding always increases. This is souch and incredible experiance I cant believe I am here. Dad did you serve in any leadership positions in the misison? and Josh Mullen is my Zone leader right now thats funny you saw his plaque. Are you going to make the Medical passport to where you can change the languages? Sometimes we have to translate for Africans at the Hospital for service. I am glad you guys had a fun trip I cant wait to see Brenna I already feel so attached to her. Everything is well here I am sending my camera card home today so be epecting a package form me. Love you all. Love Elder G

No comments: