Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Logan - Valencia Week 17

9.15.08

Thank you Mom for your letter this week! I sent my card home last week and you can pick which ever picture you like and just crop me out of the photo. I didnt really have time to go take my picture anyway sorry. There should be one you can use though. It was great to hear from everyone this week. James got his Misison call to Monetery Mexico and i am very excited for him. I remember flying into Monterey once then driving a little Nissan with you dad all the way to beremajilo. This week has been great it was nice to read your email EMily it sounds like everything is going well. I am pretty sure this is my last week in Valencia. I will be sad to leave but excited to start somewhere new as well. I am thinking I am going to the Islands or Barcelona thats my hunch anyways. This week has been well one of our investiagtors read the entire Book of Mormon! Another man we were lead to that we have been teaching is a Doctor from Ecuador. He is very intelligent and we should be setting a baptismal date with hime this week. I was frustrated yesterday at church when no one showed up. None of the people we were hoping to see. I cant believe how hard it is for people to spend just an hour getting closer to their Savior. Its amazing how by the small and simple things great things come to pass. Like reading you scriptures, praying and going to church. Its so simple why dont we do it. It reminds me of the the bible sotry when the people got bit by snakes and all they had to do to be saved was look at the the staff of Moises where he had a snake on top. No one would do it because they though it was too easy and they died. Anyways we passed by everyone after and one mans excuse was he had some zits on his nose or somthing i was just baffled. I bluntly asked him what can I do this week to make sure you come next week. I explained how important it was and the things that Christ went through for him. Hopefully he gets the point. I have been studying a lot, there is so much to learn from the scriptures I love how they seem to specifically apply to me or someone i am teaching every single day. I started reading Jesus the Christ again as well I love that book. I can never think of what even happened in the last week but today we are going to a Orchata factory and then look around. The weather has cooled down a lot and I am very thankful for that. walking around in dress clothes is a lot more bearable now. I am excited for the winter to come. The spanish is getting better everyday. I understand very well. Its wierd to juyst be sitting in church and listening and think wow this is a different language that i am listening to and it makes sense. Learning a language is just a different experiance in and of its self. I love what I am doing here this work is amazing to be a part of. This church is true and anyway who wants to know can ask God and he will tell them through the Holy ghost. Through feelings and thoughts while they are praying. (By their fruits ye shall know them) When I look at the church and see the fruits of its humanatarian services, united familys, happy good people, the missonary program, etc. it reassures my testimony and stregthens it. I cant see one bad thing that comes from our church. Sure there are memebers that are bad but you cant jude Christs church due to just one of its members. We each have our agency and when you look at the church as a whole you can see that Jospeh Smith was a Prophet of God and restored the true church, (the same church Christ formed years before with the the Priesthood and all the gospel pure and correct) once again on the earth. If Jospeh Smith was anything but a Prophet of God the church would be non exsistent it would have crumbled years ago. Thanks to the Book of Mormon each of us can read ponder and ask God if this is his true CHurch on the earth today. I know that it is as I testify to people I feel the power of the Holy Ghost confirms it. Love you all LEder G

No comments: