Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Emily - A Coruna Week 8

9.22.08

Hello my Family...Well its been another week and September is almost gone. Im excited for general conference. I got a letter from Mom and Jess this week. I loved the pictures of the baby. She isnt a baby anymore. They change so fast, its crazy. Im sure excited to meet her someday. I loved your letters, thank you. I also have emails from Grandpa, Dad, Brother Morgan, and Joye Marostica. Thank you so much!Well everyone that was suppose to come to church on Sunday didnt come. The new investigator that we werent expecting to come, came. She is the cutest girl from Brazil. She is about 30. We are learning Spanish together. We have a lot of lessons with her during the week because she takes care of her brothers kids. She is really interested in the life of Joseph Smith and its fun because Im learning more about him. He and his wife sure had a hard life. Im sure grateful to Jospeh Smith for the work that he did while he was here on the earth. I know he was a prophet of God. We sure are blessed for the opportunity we have to listen to the prophet in conference. We sure are blessed to know of the plan of Salvacion. We watched a movie with a family this week about Christs Atonement. The plan wouldnt work with out Christs sacrifice for each one of us. During the movie the little boy Juancho as he watched Christ being hung on the cross he asked, if the people treated Him so badly why did He ask God to forgive them. I cried a little bit and said thats a very good question Juancho its because He loves us. A kind of love that is very hard to understand. We read Juan 3:16-17. I love this family and we were teaching them every week until the mom got another job. We always stop by and talk to the kids on the timbre. Juancho is always so sad when his mom says they dont have time. This week Im pretty sure he let us up with out her permission. She was of course nice to us and we had a wonderful visit with them because of her son. I wish the adults could get it figured out.I love my Savior. I know that we can overcome death and sin because of what Jesus Christ did for us. Every week after talking to people who dont believe in God, I am more thankful to Mom and Dad and their parents and their parents parents and so on for teaching me who is God and who is my Savior. I sure love u guys and I sure miss you. Love,The sister

No comments: