Monday, December 1, 2008

Logan - Elche Week 4

12.1.08

Thanks Jenny, Mom, Emily, Nick, Reese, and Audrey for your letters.

This week has been great and I feel very comfortable here and Elche. For thanksgiving we didnt have a lot of time to do anything so we just had some pasta. Luckily on friday they had a young singles t day activity and we were invitied if we could get some non members there which we did. We werent able to stay very long but we did get osme turkey, taters, and corn that tasted pretty good. It was weird being at a singles activity and not really being single if you know what i mean. We had Moms introducing us to their daughters and asking us how much time we had left and if we planned on coming back. We just smiled and pretended like we didnt understand. The language is a nice protection if you need it. You can always just say no Hablo EspaÑol with an american accent and most people will leave you alone in the street.
We have also teaching a less active kid that is about our age and has become a skin head. He has a gang of that he hangs out with and he actually introduced us to all of us friends when we saw them in the park. They all said to let them know if anyone ever gives us problems. So now we have a gang of skin heads backing us in the streets if we need it. I dont know if I really feel that much safer though lol.
This wednesday we are headed to Valencia for the Christmas Confrence and I am relaly excited to pass by some of our recent converts. Elder Carpenter my padre will be there as well so I am very excited to see everyone. This week we were lead to a women from COlumbia and as I rung her timbre and talked to her lil boy I knew they were prepared to hear the gospel. Yes everyone needs it but only certain people are ready to change and to listen. When we got to herdoor we talked for a while because we couldnt enter being there was no man there. Right as I lookd into her eyes though it felt like I knew her very well already. Its a wierd thing that seems l¡to happen alot on the misison. Meeting people you feel like you already know and doing things that it feels like you ve done before. I get Dejavu all the time it seems like. Anyways I am very excited for her family we have taught the fist and I am committing them to get baptized this week.
We also had a great meeting witht the stake president pretty my correcting the memebers and stongly urging them to help us more with la obra misional. He spoke very storngly about the manin purposes of the church but after he was finsihed and asked what they were no one knew. I was just thinking come on where were you guys the last hour I dont even speak this language and I still know what he said better then you. I need to continue working on the patience thing but sometimes its hard. Anyway thats much to information for one week. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and is looking foward to Christmas. Love you all. Oh ya today we are going to a castle right on the bech I ll be sending pics very soon

Elder G

No comments: