Monday, December 15, 2008

Emily - A Coruna Week 17

12.15.08

Hello Family...Okay first things first, I am calling in 9 days! Well I guess you will call me. My phone number in Vigo will be 607-513-097 and I think you have the country codes from the last phone call. Next, my address will be: Travesia de Vigo 171, 3 derecha36207 Vigo (Pontevedra)Start sending letters a bunch of letters. Just because we are going to talk on the phone doesnt mean you can get lazy about letter writing. Ive been thinking about what time to have you call. Im not quite sure what to do. My comp. will have her call the next day and so she will just be waiting around. Ill think about it while Im writing. This week Ive been really sick. Everyone has the flu and so of course I got it. It started with a sore throat, headache, fever and chills. Now my head just feels like its going to explode. I stayed in bed for a couple days. I just strated feeling better this morning. It wasnt the best way to end my last week in A coruna but hey what can you do. I felt bad the entire time I was resting. But at the same time I knew it would be crazy to go outside in the rain and cold. Being a missionary is a funny thing. Anyways Im grateful to be feeling better this morning. Dad Im really afraid for you when I get home. Last week we played spoons in the capilla with the Elders. We put the spoons all over the church so we had to run for them. Well because I couldnt shove the Elders out of the way...I threw a chalkboard at one of them and a chair at the other one. There was a spoon behind the chalkboard and he ran to grab it, so I grabbed the chalboard and ran towards him with it. Oh my goodness it was so funny. My favorite family came and said bye to me last night. They werent at church because they were in Vigo. They told me they let everyone know I am coming. Bibiana, the mom told me she wouldnt talk to the hermana that is leaving because it is her fault I have to leave before Christmas. Anyways on their way home they stopped by the piso. I ran down and gave them BIG hugs. It was really hard to say bye to them and Jakelin and katherin. Everyone was mad at me for coming to church because Im sick. I walked outside for one second and Jakeline smaked me on the butt and started yelling at me. She is like my mom here. She wanted me to tell you in the phone call hello from her. They are sad and lonely. Katherin wants a family for Christmas and Jakelin feels bad that she cant be around more because she has to work. I really wish I could do something for them, somehting special for Christmas but Im leaving. I had a neat experience a few days ago. I went to a pueblo on a bus with the other hermanas to a noche de hogar with a family from the rama. Anyways I had only been there like twice and I forgot to bring the address. We missed the first bus and there was lots of traffic so we were already really late. The later bus we caught took us on a different route and we got dropped off in a totally different place. The family was waiting for us and everyone was realying on me to get us there. I had a huge headache, it was just one of thsoe days, you know where nothing goes right. My comp told me she would pray for me and everything would be okay. When we got off the bus I just started walking. AFter aobut ten minutes I thought, what am I doing I have no idea where Im going but then my next thought was trust me and I will guide you. I just kept walking and with out mistake we ended up directly at the front door of their house. Im so grateful for the spirit and the power of prayer. I know with out a doubt in my mind that the church of Jesus Christ has been restored on the earth. Thomas S. Monson is a Prophet of God. A young boy prayed to God and his prayer was answered. Christ is my Savior and Redeemer. We can be freed from sin. Thank you for helping me build this testimony.I love you so much and I cant wait to talk with you. Maybe you should call me in the morning. Then if thats not the best time we can say when we can talk. Oh wait we will have one more pday before the big phone call. I will see whats going on that day and then let you know in the next email. I love you all soooooo much. Love,The sister

No comments: