Monday, December 29, 2008

Logan - Elche Week 6

12.29.08

Thanks Jenny, Ashley, Grandpa and Grandma Gogarty, and Mom for your letters. They are always greatly appreciated.

For Christmas day we went out to the campo which is basically a house out of the city. We ate with some members there and then listened to one of the Hermanas that just got into the misison cry to her parents for an hour. I bet her a Euro that she would cry and she just kept saying no then as soon as she picked up the phone she started balling. I am glad everyone was able to hold it togther while we talked I really enjoyed hearing everyones voices. Talking to you on the phone already seems so long ago. The 27th was a beautiful day. We baptized Jeannette and Gustavo from Columbia and it was a great experiance. Gustavo has really changed its been fun to be a pàrt of. On sunday he came to church with his hair cut and wearing a suit. The best part of the baptism was when they bore testimony and explained how they came to know that CHirst has restored his church on the earth today. Jeannatte also explained how she wasnt going to open the door but then felt that someone said open the door theres good people on the other side. It has been a fun experiance I looked back to the first night in my Journal when we talked to Jeannatte and I had written down that I felt that is was a family that would get baptized and accpet us. Sunday my companion and I confirmed them members and gave them the holy Ghost. It was amazing to feel so guided durning the blessing and the words that came to mind even though it was in spanish I cant remember what I said but I felt the spirit very storngly. Gustavo will be baptizing his daughter next week if all goes as planned. I am very excited how the work is progressing here in Elche. That was all the big news I am glad you guys had a nice Christmas. Love you all

Elder G

No comments: