Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Logan - Elche Week 5

12.08.08

I recieved letters from Ashley, Laura, Mom, the Menittes and I cant remember who else sorry. Last week we went to a castle in Alicante that is on top of a huge hill over looking the Ocean and the coast. It was beatuiful I had a really good time and actually recognized the city from whenI was there with Emily and Jess. I saw the spot on the beach where we layed out and its so funny to think I am seeing some of the same places I saw while we were here. We also took a train to Valencia this week and had a great chirstmas confrence. Everything was really fun and the best part was visiting with Elder Carpenter and some other people that I had a good time with in Valencia. I didnt get to see Patricia the Woemn I baptized but I did hear about all the recent converts of my and Elder Carpenter and they are all still active and doing well. That was a relief and good to hear. On the way home from Valencia the train stoppped for a min and I hoped out to get some freash air because the coach was reallly hot. The train started going without me and I had to run and jump in and the door closed on my arm it was crazy. I barley made it and I had to manually close the door because it got stuck on my body. I came into the coach Laughing and explained to everyone that I almost stayed the night at the last stop. This week everything has been amazing. the family from COlumbia came to church! all of them the parents and their to kids. The Mom bore her testimony in Relief Society and said she wasnt s to be a member and the Dad after church while we were eating said he feels an energy while we teach and it feels good. we explained that was the Holy Ghost. They are scheduled to get baptized the 20th with their daughter who is 16. WE had a great fast and testimony meeting and the spirit was felt so strong. The memebers also did great greeting and be friendging them which makes all the difference. I am very excited to continue working with them. I felt lead directly to their house and feel like they are a big reason why I am here in elche. I am sneding a christmas card and I would like it if you guys could make copies and send it with yours. If not no worries I already sent a bunch out myself but it cost more to mail. The other thing is I need more Labels for myself if you could send them in the next letter. I am really enjoying Elche and the members here are amazing we eat almost everday and they always help us with teaching. Oh the other thing I was thinking if you have questions for me then write them down so I can answer durning the chirstmas call. Otherwise I am afreiad we will just be sitting there listneing to one another breath. I really dont know what to say already and I dont think a few weeks its going to help. So list of things to ask or things to talk about for the chirstmas call. All is well I love you all Love Elder G

No comments: