Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Emily - Vigo Week 1

12.22.08

Hello Family..Is this year really almost over, I cant believe it. It doesnt at all feel like Christmas is going to be in three days. Its weird on the mission how everyday just feels the same. I dont really think about the date very often. If you think about the time to much you will make yourself crazy. Anyways I cant believe that Im already in Vigo, my last area. Its so weird that I started my mission at the beginning of this year. I havent had mail for a while obviously because Im in a new area. Im in a letter drought like my brother would say. I did get my Christmas package it came to our door when I was leaving with my bags for Vigo. In came JUST in time. I was so happy to get it. The goodies were crazy good. I dont remember us making that good of stuff before. You must have a lot of time to do things like that since no one is home for Christmas. I did get about three letters from Aunt Laura at conference. Please tell her how much I appreciated each one of them. As for pop´s business items. I think you should call at about three in the afternoon, my time. That would be 7 in the morning for you. Or you can wait until later like if you want to sleep in. But, I believe that you will be so excited to call that you wont sleep the whole night. I know thats how Im going to feel. We can do a conference call with brother. I would love to talk to everyone. Oh I love you so much!!!So on Monday I realized that Ive been collecting stuff in the mission. I barely fit everything in. I even have a plant. I had so much stuff that three Elders had to help me put in all on the train. They barely made it off in time. It was sad saying bye to everyone. They all ran next to the trian and made crazy faces at me as I left. Everyone in the train was looking at me. Especially because I was carrying a plant. IT was funny. Vigo is really pretty, we have a beautiful view from the kitchen of the port. It is a little bit warmer here but still pretty cold. There are a lot of hills and Im dying but grateful because it will help me lose some weight. Its weird to be here and think that this is the last place Ill serve. This morning I was reading in the bible in John 15:12-14. I love those verses. Jesus Christ is our greatest friend. He gave His life for us. He loves us so much. I know that ONLY through him can we be healed from pain caused by sins. Im so grateful to represent Him at this time as a missionary for His church. Im so excited to talk with you. I just love you all so much! The greatest gift that I have in my life is the gospel because it allows me to be with you forever. I know that we are an eternal family. Thank you for marrying in the temple so that I could be sealed to you. I love you and I miss you. I cant wait for the phone call. Love,The Sister

No comments: